GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Has anyone fitted a Healtech quickshifter? Was it worth it, easy to fit and reliable?
Good value for money, although I found it not that reliable.
But I think this was due to bad installation.
This was with my B-King where I have tried other Quickshifters (Cordona integrated with ECU-editor/WRT was the best).
On the B-king vibration at high rpm made the Healtech sensor cut, but this I think I could have fixed.
At that time when I tried the Healtech QS out I had already decided to go for the GSXS, so I just removed it before selling.
One nice feature that stands out with Healtech QS is the interface for adjustments/setup (using your phone/BT).

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a Healtech QS on my GSXS 1000. Very easy to fit, if you have a bit of mechanical skill ( airbox must come off.) Probably better than my ( very expensive ) HM QS on my ZX10.

Had a small problem with the sensor- replaced in a couple of days. Overall very good and the app is very clever indeed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have installed 2 HT Q-Shifters. One on my ZX6r and one on my current GSX-S1000.

Both installs went smooth with good performance from the unit. No complaints and you have the ability to adjust settings as well.

You have to remove the tank, airbox etc, so you may want to consider paying to have it installed if you are not comfortable with these steps.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Fitted my iQSE and so far very impressed. I used the setup wizard and then gave it a 20 mile test ride. Seems to shift really well, no negative side effects and no warning lights. I might tweak the settings if there is a particular rpm where the shift isn't as smooth as the others, but that really would be fine tuning for the sake of it. Just got to train my brain not to let off the throttle when upshifting without the clutch now!

Installation was pretty straightforward, takes a while to remove the fairings, lift the tank and remove the air box, but once they are out of the way access isn't a problem. When fitting the sensor I had my torque wrench set to 5NM but I was scared of crushing the sensor, so I stopped when the arm was tight on the shaft. I might give it a nip up in a few hundred miles, but as long as the shifts are smooth and it's not loose on the shaft, it'll be fine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I installed iQSE install was not to bad but as already stated airbox has to be removed. No issues with the unit so far. Only comment i will add is that as our bikes change gear so easly i had to do some adjusting from the standard settings i had trouble building up enough force to triger the engine cut and the cut times were quite long compared to what was needed. Config was simple all done while sat on bike via my phone :) very impressive

·
Registered
593 Posts
I installed iQSE install was not to bad but as already stated airbox has to be removed. No issues with the unit so far. Only comment i will add is that as our bikes change gear so easly i had to do some adjusting from the standard settings i had trouble building up enough force to triger the engine cut and the cut times were quite long compared to what was needed. Config was simple all done while sat on bike via my phone :) very impressive
Did you mount the sensor on the shift rod, or under the clamp bolt on the shaft? I installed mine under the bolt and ran the wizard a couple of times. It settled on a threshold of 60% which seems to work. I have the default 15mS delay and adaptive cut times using the default 85mS. What settings did you settle on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought the Healtech Easy this weekend. I'm also interested in knowing the cut-off time settings some of you are using. And also : how they were determined (e.g. were your settings determined after a lot trial-and-error, or is "just" a standard setting used for the complete rpm range) ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got a HM quickshifter on mine. Easy install and works very well, second one ive had, first one was on a street triple so went with what i know

·
Registered
15 Posts
I see now (in the app) that there's an adaptive mode too, I think I'll stick to that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After testing out the settings a little bit (did a couple of intensive test rides), I realise the setup isn't all that straightforward after all. In setting up the quickshifter, I have noticed that the default cut-off time setting (80 or 85 ms) is a LOT too long, and there is a rather noticeable stop-and-go feeling when upshifting especially in the lower rpms (3000 till around 4500/5000 rpms). I am pretty sure that is caused by a too long cut-off time and I'd rather not use the quickshifter in that range. Because I am pretty much convinced that this quite noticeable "stop-and-go"- feeling can't be good for the gearbox, especially at full throttle : when you upshift, but the cut-off time is too big, the ignition is cut for too long a period, so after the gear upshift completed the bike even shortly starts "braking on the engine", and then, after the cut-off time has expired, the gearbox receives quite a big throttle command again. Can't be good at all. Therefor, I am quite reluctant to use it below 5000 rpms. And I reduced the cut-off time to the minimum value of 30 ms !

Above 5000 rpms, I have the impression the minimum cut-off time is sufficient, and as from that rpm, the "stop-and-go" feeling is close to unnoticeable.

How have you guys setup your Healtech Easy cut-off times ? What are your setup experiences ?

·
Registered
593 Posts
According to the saved settings on my phone:
Sensor type: QSE sensor
Noise filtering: Active
Sensor threshold: 60%
Cut-off delay: 15mS
Cut-off times: Adaptive (auto) 85mS

Never had any issues, even at lower RPM's, although quickshifter aren't really designed for shifting down there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Noise filtering: Inactive
Sensor threshold: 70%
Cut-off delay: 20ms
RPM setup: 4000-11500
Cut-off times: I tried
- Adaptive (auto) 30mS, and
- Manual, only 4000 rpm : 35 ms, all the rest 30 ms
and up to now, I have the impression this manual mode has the least stop-and-go feeling.

I should maybe still try the adaptive mode again with a default value of 30 or 35 ms and with less cut-off delay (like you have 15 ms too). But for me, the stop-and-go feeling with the adaptive mode with a cut-off time of 80ms resulted in a rather big stop-and-go feeling. Would this be me imagining it ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
My set up but only test on the rear stand.

Noise filtering: Inactive
Sensor threshold: 30%
Cut-off delay: 10ms
RPM setup: 2500-11500
Cut-off times: I tried
- Adaptive (auto) 55mS,
Smooth 1 to 6 gear shift from 3000 to 11000 rpm but I have not tested on the road yet.
Also smooth down shift 6 to 1 gear at constant throttle.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts