GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm very new to Suzuki only had mine 2 weeks before that I had a 2002 R1 and a 2013 triumph street triple. So happy to be back in a 1000cc bike again!
I was wondering if anyone has installed the healtech xtre on their gsx s1000?
It's only $135 here in Australia and it removes speed limiter and improves low end power and torque. Does anyone know if it will fix the snatchy throttle?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
190 Posts
$135 sounds expensive considering all you had to do on the gsxr1000 was put a 6.2kohm resistor for 5p in the the gear position cable to convince it was in 5th gear all the time. Won't this mess up the gear indicator?

·
Registered
190 Posts
$135 sounds expensive considering all you had to do on the gsxr1000 was put a 6.2kohm resistor for 5p in the the gear position cable to convince it was in 5th gear all the time. Won't this mess up the gear indicator?
Sorry just saw the pictures, obviously it makes the gear indicator work as well

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had it installed on the Busa. I felt the difference. I just dont want it to interfere with the stock gear position indicator unless there is a way around that.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hey I'm very new to Suzuki only had mine 2 weeks before that I had a 2002 R1 and a 2013 triumph street triple. So happy to be back in a 1000cc bike again!
I was wondering if anyone has installed the healtech xtre on their gsx s1000?
It's only $135 here in Australia and it removes speed limiter and improves low end power and torque. Does anyone know if it will fix the snatchy throttle?

Thanks for the help!
Now I could be wrong but my understanding is the timing is retarted in the first few gears to smooth it out so I don't believe you will cure a snatchy throttle and if anything you will make it worse

·
Registered
288 Posts
I found this review on Sportsbiketrackgear.com, fwiw

X-TRE ON GSX-S1000 5 Star Rating
Posted by Ed Trathen on 29th Apr 2016

I had already fitted and mapped a PCV onto my Suzuki GSX-S1000 to try to make it's jerky throttle and difficult riding characteristics on bumpy roads a bit smoother. But it wasn't until I fitted the X-TRE that I got the full benefit, The whole bike is smoother and easier to control, response is good in all gears now and I can stay in any gear at low speeds without the bike jerking and constant throttle at any speed is now easily achieved. This little product has transformed the bike. If you've ridden a GSX-S1000 you'll know what I mean about the throttle.
The X-TRE is easy to fit if you know how to solder.
Service from Sport Bike Track Gear was top notch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found this review on Sportsbiketrackgear.com, fwiw

X-TRE ON GSX-S1000 5 Star Rating
Posted by Ed Trathen on 29th Apr 2016

I had already fitted and mapped a PCV onto my Suzuki GSX-S1000 to try to make it's jerky throttle and difficult riding characteristics on bumpy roads a bit smoother. But it wasn't until I fitted the X-TRE that I got the full benefit, The whole bike is smoother and easier to control, response is good in all gears now and I can stay in any gear at low speeds without the bike jerking and constant throttle at any speed is now easily achieved. This little product has transformed the bike. If you've ridden a GSX-S1000 you'll know what I mean about the throttle.
The X-TRE is easy to fit if you know how to solder.
Service from Sport Bike Track Gear was top notch.

Thanks for that I've used sports bike track gear before when I had my R1 I'll give them a look. But it's not going to fix the jerky throttle alone it still need ms a retune to fix that.
I might do a few other mods then I'll get a pcv and tune.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed one. I have only been driving 70 km since but I have not seen a noticeable difference for now. I put it in sixth gear mode but I'm a bit confused since the GSX-S1000F is based on the GSXR K5 engine and the X-TRE manual states that the GSX-R should be in fifth gear mode but all other models in sixth gear mode...

On another forum they mentioned that the K5 and K6 would benefit from the fifth gear mode and the K7 and higher should use the sixth gear mode.

Link

So which one is better ?

If it can stop raining here, I will try it in the fifth gear mode and I will give feedbacks about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a used one from eBay installation was pretty easy on my f I set it to the fifth gear map and it makes a difference in my opinion as far as getting a few ponies in therror lower gears it does nothing to sort out our sensitive throttle though so my next step is adjusting my tps

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'll be interested in any further updates from anyone who has fitted this device. Considering one myself. Does fitting involve cutting a wire?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I fitted one i had from my old Bking.... i've tried it in 4th and 5th gear modes.... does help pick up in the lower gears but mine seems to have added a slight engine stumble at about 2500rpm on a steady throttle as the engine beds in...now only at 1200miles... i din't notice this at first when i fitted it so perhaps its the engine and not the TRE.

engine does overall fells livelier in the lower gears ... low down punch in 2nd and 3rd gears is great and level 3 TC is always busy now.
Does nothing at the top end speed wise.

So bottom line... if you have one lying about....FIT IT
Otherwise save your money and put it towards a PC5 etc or a remap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the info genman. The fuelling on my bike is not too bad, it was the limiters in the lower gears I was looking to remove hence the TRE. Like you say though a re-map would be the ideal solution. Just need to find someone in the Kent area to give me a price then I can make a decision.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'll be interested in any further updates from anyone who has fitted this device. Considering one myself. Does fitting involve cutting a wire?
I had one on my V-strom, you have to get access to the ECU and cut and splice into a wire there, and then there is a couple of connectors to plug in.

Reactions: gripen

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just my time laps video of the x-tre installation. Tank was full so i did not want to remove it.

Also got the front removed because i pushed two wellnuts in and they got stuck (other thread on forum)

·
Registered
993 Posts
That makes the fairing removal and tank lift look easy. I'd like to see a narrated video in real time of that procedure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Speed was 50X... took about 3 and a half hours to do it but we took our time not to scratch or damage anything. Fortunately, i had printed pdf document how to remove fairings (found on this forum if i remember well), and another one how to install the x-tre on that exact model (found on the healtech website). I still have not ride enough to determine whether it was worth the cost or not (one ride only). I think to know if it's really worth it, the only way would be to have dyno sheets before and after but ... it's too expensive for me. I chose the X-tre as it seemed to me the best "functionality added/performance" vs. "price" ratio but I can not confirm it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts