GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I believe that Suzuki has a connector for the factory heated grips located somewhere behind the headlight? Can anyone with an F model please point me to the location of this (or maybe a photo?). I'm thinking I'll use this for my USB socket instead.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Commenting here to see if anyone knows this now. Has anyone installed the factory heated grips? The instructions would give the specific location, but I can't find those instructions anywhere on the inter-webs.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey guys. I believe that Suzuki has a connector for the factory heated grips located somewhere behind the headlight? Can anyone with an F model please point me to the location of this (or maybe a photo?). I'm thinking I'll use this for my USB socket instead.
I believe someone on here said the connector on the F model is below the tank. On the naked its behind the headlight coz its betterer :laugh:

Reactions: G-Dub

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's correct.
I also want to add USB port on the F, do you guys know what is the exact location of Heated Grip Connector on F under the tank? Is it closer to the front/side/rear of the tank?
If anyone has pictures or a video it would be a great help.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I don't have a video but I used the main headlight feed in the large connector between the front faring and the main loom.
It's a switched feed so I thought it would be a good idea. In hind sight an unswitched feed might have been a better idea as I can only charge whilst I'm going along. An unswitched feed would let you use it whilst the bike is parked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have a video but I used the main headlight feed in the large connector between the front faring and the main loom.
It's a switched feed so I thought it would be a good idea. In hind sight an unswitched feed might have been a better idea as I can only charge whilst I'm going along. An unswitched feed would let you use it whilst the bike is parked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Beaker. I was hoping to find the actual designated free plug for oem heated grips, but it seems that no one found it yet on the F model.
I will probably end up using the headlights switched feed as well.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
From what I have heard the OEM grips aren't that good.
They don't heat all the way around the grip and they don't give out a lot of heat.
I've gone with the Oxford version and have been very pleased with them. Also, they fit direct to the battery so they are pretty easy to install. They also have an automatic shut off if you forget to turn them off which is pretty handy;)
I used the headlight plug for the USB charger. I don't think it would be suitable to run heated grips from that point too. It could stress the loom.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This guy shows were it is at and how to get there
towards the end of the video
He talks about installing a USB port to the connector which is
for the grips

1 - 9 of 9 Posts