GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys!

I've ordered a kit of braided brake lines for mine (2016 abs), today i was planning on installing them. After draining the whole system and starting to removing the front rubber brake lines i started to get confused. I feel like they've send me the wrong kit. Has anyone else ordered the ABS kit and could confirm from my photo if they send the right kit?

The bottom left one makes sense, it splits the front. But what about the others? The top left for example, i that it was for the rear brake, but it is way too long.
And those metal blocks...?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I don't think you got the one for the ABS kit......the ABS kit has 5 hoses and the race and oem replacemet kits have 3.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay so looks like im missing one. another thing i dont understand, how would they be attached to the ABS unit with these weird metal blocks at the end?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed the tank and airbox today and had another look, i think i figured it out.
Am i right to assume that i would connect some of the lines to the existing metal lines coming from the abs unit?

Added some labels to my photo:

The reason why the line from the master goes straight into the ABS unit is because the stock rubber-line is not detachable from the stock metal-line:

Could someone confirm my thinking?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I removed the tank and airbox today and had another look, i think i figured it out.
Am i right to assume that i would connect some of the lines to the existing metal lines coming from the abs unit?

Added some labels to my photo:

The reason why the line from the master goes straight into the ABS unit is because the stock rubber-line is not detachable from the stock metal-line:

Could someone confirm my thinking?

I didn't fit my lines but having a quick look, mine has a replacement line that goes from master cylinder to ABS unit, removing the metal line

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't fit my lines but having a quick look, mine has a replacement line that goes from master cylinder to ABS unit, removing the metal line
awesome. thanks for checking! could you do me one more favor and send me a photo from your front calipers? im having a hard time to route the lines without bending and can't find any other people who've done the job.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guys, just a quick question, how easy is it to replace the lines with ABS, I have heard from my dealer that it is a real pain to do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts