GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from Cincinnati Ohio. I've been doing research for a new sport roadster bike for a few weeks and just saw this site today. My last several bikes are in my sig. My first bike was a '78 GS-450L. At some point in the near future I'd like to sell/ trade my Harley and the Bandit and get the GSX-S 1000. I was told early August would arrive at the local dealership.
Before I got into cruisers and after losing enjoyment from the CBRs, I was looking at the CB1000R, but that ship has sailed, I've always been a Suzuki guy at heart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys--now to sell these bikes, no bites on the Street Bob, the Bandit hasn't been listed. Plan B to trade the SB in towards the GSX-S when they arrive...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I have a Nighthawk and a couple of dirt bikes to sell. On one hand, I wish the GSX-S would get here already. On the other, I can't buy one yet. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey welcome to the boards, you consider the Z1000 and S1000R as well? FASSSST man
Not really on either...I've read the Z has major vibration at freeway speeds (as does the CB1000R or that might be my 2nd choice).

There are NO BMW dealers within a couple hours of me, and since I don't own a trailer--no ;)

I really like the specs of the Zook, probably wont even get to demo one til I'm ready to sign the dotted line.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I too found the zed very vibey, but the CB isn't at all. I ran mine for 4 years and it was a joy to own and ride. For me though it was time for a change and compared to the competition it's a little dated and lacking in technology and power.

The S1000R should be the pick of the bunch, but having just ridden one, in my opinion, it doesn't live up to expectations (and feels no faster than the GSX-S1000)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts