GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, i hope everyone has had a good weekend and enjoyed the sun. :)

Today i picked up my 9th bike in 2 years, a 2017 GSX-S1000 in Phantom Black, 2k miles, only extra included is Oxford heated grips.

Previous bikes have been:

2007 Honda CBR125R (CBT)
2016 KTM Duke 125 (CBT)
2012 Triumph Street Triple
2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900
2016 Yamaha MT-07
2015 BMW S1000Rs
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
2014 Yamaha MT-09

As you can see, i like to change bikes a lot :p

Anyway, here's some pictures of my new bike. :)

Got some mods planned, Tail tidy, Quickshifter, Full exhaust system and some new mirrors. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Welcome Kieran_89. Sweet looking bike. Be interested in hearing how it compares to you other bikes and what caused you to choose the GSX-S1000

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Welcome Kieran, It would be interesting to here how it compares to the MT-09 for performance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Kieran_89. Sweet looking bike. Be interested in hearing how it compares to you other bikes and what caused you to choose the GSX-S1000
Compared to my other bikes, it's leagues ahead of 90% of them, the BMW S1000Rs i had was just epic, so much power, torque, road presence, everywhere i went, people asked me about it, I've only had this new one 2 days so I'm hoping it gets the same reaction :p

Welcome Kieran, It would be interesting to here how it compares to the MT-09 for performance.
Performance is better, i absolutely despised the 09 suspension, it was very poor even on a budget bike, i only had it 8 weeks and it was awful, really soft suspension, brakes were the worst I've ever used but the triple engine was great, catapults you forward in any gear, just a shame it got let down with everything else on the bike.

Welcome to the forum!
Enjoy your new machine
Jeffro
Welcome to the forum and congratulations for the color of your gsx!
Thank you both. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts