GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
$7000-7500 for a new GSX-S1000 or F makes it a bike in it's own category. I would feel 10 times better only having to spend that kind of money instead of $12k for a new N1K. I wouldn't mind modifying the bike some at that price. I sent in an email to Ride Now in Gainesville FL about one they have listed at $7700 and received the same ol salesman bulltalk about needing me to call or come by. I told him I lived in North Carolina and just wanted to know the OTD price. Knew there was a catch and I've read that about Ride Now. Looks like they're spreading across the US.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
That's too bad. I hate dealorships like that. I hope you can find another one somewhere.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I don't care for the looks of the F, but the fairing/windshield appeal to me and they seem to be the same money. I found a dealer near me who has a BRAND new 2017 (crazy!) in the GSX-S1000 red and black scheme and they still have it at $8999........

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Got a quote from a local dealer on a black 2020 F- $10k OTD. He also has a white 19 Non F $9600 OTD. Not bad prices and he claimed he wasn’t making much of anything on either. Only had a $99 doc fee. In NC, you pay the taxes within 90 days separately, which sucks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Got a quote from a local dealer on a black 2020 F- $10k OTD. He also has a white 19 Non F $9600 OTD. Not bad prices and he claimed he wasn’t making much of anything on either. Only had a $99 doc fee. In NC, you pay the taxes within 90 days separately, which sucks.
You are bringing tears to my eyes. I bought a new old stock 2018 gsx-s1000f for $11500 Canadian, that’s $9115 U.S. On top of that I paid 13% tax which was $1500 Canadian, $1188 U.S. In NC I understand it’s 3%. For a grand total of $10304 U.S.

That means you can buy a 2020 for the price I paid for a 2018. Please don’t tell me how cheaply you can insure a gsx-s1000f, because I can assure you that my insurance will be possibly triple, but definitely double what you pay.:oops:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You are bringing tears to my eyes. I bought a new old stock 2018 gsx-s1000f for $11500 Canadian, that’s $9115 U.S. On top of that I paid 13% tax which was $1500 Canadian, $1188 U.S. In NC I understand it’s 3%. For a grand total of $10304 U.S.

That means you can buy a 2020 for the price I paid for a 2018. Please don’t tell me how cheaply you can insure a gsx-s1000f, because I can assure you that my insurance will be possibly triple, but definitely double what you pay.:oops:
About $50 usd per month

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Met a super cool OG in my town who said he would sell me his 2001 Goldwing with 72k on for a deal. I plan to go look at it Sunday. If it's in good enough cosmetic condition, it's the really cool blue, I will snap it up. I found a former Goldwing master tech who's starting his own show. I would have him install progressive front fork springs, new seals, fluid etc, and a rear progressive spring, shock if needed. Then change all the fluids and the wife will be good to go. Then the bike I get needs no passenger comfort. I want decent wind protection, great power and handling, and relative comfort. I also like the ZX14R, just thought the footpegs were a little high, other than that, some bar risers and a double bubble screen and it would be golden. The GSX-S would obviously be the least expensive route along with a Z900RS Cafe, although I would say it has the least wind protection and probably far slower.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The GSX-S would obviously be the least expensive route along with a Z900RS Cafe, although I would say it has the least wind protection and probably far slower.
Are you saying a twenty year old Goldwing is faster, has better handling than a GSX-s AND costs more??
Sorry mate, but I think your deluded.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Not at all sir. That satisfies the wife’s desire to ride dirt cheap and eliminates my concern about a passenger’s comfort on a faster, fun bike.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts