GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up my bike in a couple of weeks. I am currently riding a 2015, 40 year anniversary Goldwing, but I missed riding the twisty mountain roads of West Virginia on a sport bike so much that I put a down payment on a GSX S1000 and can't wait to pick her up. I thought at my age (57) that it might be time to just slow down and enjoy the ride. I don't know when that happens, but I found out pretty quick that it's not 57. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome from the UK. I'm a couple of years younger than you and thought it was time to get a sportier bike than my 1250 Bandit while I can still hang on. In my case softening the suspension has transformed the bike and I can't wait to get the 600 mile service done next week so I can open it up a bit more. All the best and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
CharlesF wrote
I thought at my age (57) that it might be time to just slow down and enjoy the ride. I don't know when that happens, but I found out pretty quick that it's not 57. :)
Yes and I found out it isn't 74 either, this bike won't help anyone slow down, quite the reverse.:D

Oh, forgot, welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Coming off 1250 Bandit and after just 100 miles I'd say " Holy S***!" Hold on. At 55 I should be backin off a bit. NOT!!! Gonna be a fun ride once dialed in..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts