GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone took home the new commuter/toy last week. Can say im pretty well impressed so far goes well certainly stops and isnt afraid to go around corners either. Just needs a bit more volume ;)

I was pretty keen on getting a super sport (new r1 to be specific ) but the gsx-s is far more comfortable really, and the price tag was much easier to live with.

Anyways if some one could shed some light on these factory recalls iv read a bit about that would be great thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi and Welcome, if you just got the bike you will probably be ok on the recall front.

On the left hand side of the first batch of bikes the radiator hose could be upside down, There are two dots a yellow one and a white one. the yellow should be at the top.

Then there was the close proximity of the same pipe to the exhaust headers, which if required is fixed by putting in a spacer near the bottom.

Your dealer would have been aware of the problems by now so if nothing was mentioned it must be all cleared up now.

Enjoy and good choice over the R1 : - )

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks

Yeah nothing was said in reguards to a recall. That radiator hose appears to be perfectly fine plenty of clearance and the yellow dot up.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome! when I asked about it they told me that any recall item on the books would be completed prior to delivery. Just to make sure, I checked the ACCC website and it does not list a recall for the GSX-S. I think we got a batch after they found and fixed the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi jaked
I hadnt even looked on that website to be honest. Yeah seems as though there was just one person at the factory fitting stuff back to front. Doesnt seem to be a common problem but still regular enough to ask. Also has warranty obviously so if anything did happen can always take it back local dealer seems like pretty good service from what iv seen.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome and have lots of fun with the bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts