GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Hello from another newbie

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  mike d 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 2019 GSXS1000 in white. I've been riding for over 40 years on basically everything that's been made. From the early days of the CT70 to Harley's, dirt, supersport... too many to remember.

First impressions on the GSXS - My biggest concern with the bike is how smooth the engine would be. I've owned an FZ1 and while the power is nice, the buzzing in the handlebars and pegs made me want to sell it after the first oil change. I was happy to experience a nice smooth, vibration free ride. Transmission is glassy smooth and light but coming off a HD Street Glide, I would probably say that about any bike. I was glad not to find any false neutrals like I did with Ducati. I have to take it easy for the first 100 miles so I can't comment about the upper power yet but if it's anything like my 05 ZX10r, I'm sure I'll be having fun.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello! I am a newbie to my 2016 GSXS 1000 also. Found it at a dealership new but leftover back in September, while I was there getting a part for my RMZ 450.
I have owned two CBR600’s, 2 GSXR 750’s, and one 1250s Bandit. This is my favorite of the bunch!
Almost 900 miles on it now but haven’t had the need or space to take it over 8k rpm yet!
Maybe I am just getting old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
If you're following the owners manual recommendations to limit your rpm for the first few hundred miles, it's possible that after break-in you might yet discover just a bit of bar vibes in the upper rpms - mine had a buzz at 6600 rpm but I very effectively damped it by filling my bars with BBs and installing heavier bar end weights.

#6 ·
Congratulations jdower98, I got the same bike back in February 2020. I love this bike, still in the break in period, I have put about 300 miles on it.
How is yours working so far? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.