GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2016 GSXS 1000FA!! First sport bike since 92 which was a ZX11. I love it so far. I do hate the jerky attitude it has at low speeds. Anyway, looking forward to learning a little here.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Yes,
Welcome to the Group, Matt.
You will find plenty of discussion has been vented on the fuelling issue here already since launch.
What colour did you get ?, and I hope AZ has good riding weather for you now or very soon.

Rob.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just bought a 2016 GSXS 1000FA!! First sport bike since 92 which was a ZX11. I love it so far. I do hate the jerky attitude it has at low speeds. Anyway, looking forward to learning a little here.
Welcome. There's a lot of info on here about the throttle thing, but don't get swept up in too much crap. The first step is ensuring your TPS is set correctly, then you can look at fuelling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
suspension

I have a GSXS 1000FA, I weigh about 290 without any gear. Any recommendations for suspension changes\settings?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a GSXS 1000FA, I weigh about 290 without any gear. Any recommendations for suspension changes\settings?
I would set the sag and ride it 500-1000 miles with the stock compression and dampening settings for the front and rear and see how you like it, then tweak it from there.

Here is some info on setting correct Sag.
How to set suspension sag | MCN

BTW, what part of Arkansas are you from? I grew up in the 77-90 years in Little Rock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts