GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there fellow speedsters, new owner from Australia here. I have been lurking doing most of my pre-purchase research here, and have been looking forward to joining in. Just picked up my beast today, test rode one when they first were released, but had an opportunity almost too good to be true pop up finally today, and here I am! This bike adds to the few already in my garage, and is the perfect all-rounder! I come from riding a variety of hypersport machines (mostly R1's - which helps a lot with the throttle sensitivity! I barely notice the throttle snatch, i guess cos i'm used to hair triggers!) and i like the idea of chopping a few sportsbikes on the track with this bike someday, for giggles!

Thanks riders, see ya round!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Gidday from across the Ditch! :D

Very happy with my naked for occasional track use. You'll get a wealth of info for improving the bike on this forum, particularly transforming handling when you replace the D214's!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Logging in from Canberra, which for those abroad is the capital of australia, u probably wouldnt know that to wander round here, but thankfully we're in the mountains so twisty stuff is on our doorstep!

great to hear from other aussies too, from the sounds of things it seems that there are a few regional nuances to the tune of this model bike! My whole machine vibrates crazily between 5-6k which i guess is some kind of timing retardation for EPA stuff or whatever, so i look forward to reading the threads when it comes time for tuning!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kozi loop in a day is one of my favourite rides Jaked! If weather is ok this friday I'll be looking at calling a flex day!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Kozi loop in a day is one of my favourite rides Jaked! If weather is ok this friday I'll be looking at calling a flex day!!
Tear it up mate! The roads are in good condition with no major roadworks underway. There are patches that have been recently worked on out of khancoben up to Jindi but still pretty clean. It looks like it's been prepped for the winter crowds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts