GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, I am not a gsx-s owner yet but I consider to buy one very soon. :D
Here to get pre-purchase info and also to after-purchase feedback others

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hello to everyone, I am not a gsx-s owner yet but I consider to buy one very soon. /forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Here to get pre-purchase info and also to after-purchase feedback others

Hello friend and welcome! I hope you will convince yourself to buy this magnificent bike to travel the roads of Belgium and countries near you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello friend and welcome! I hope you will convince yourself to buy this magnificent bike to travel the roads of Belgium and countries near you!
I sincerely hope he doesn't, and that he knows to find better roads (than the Belgian ones), like there are the Dolomites, where I'll be riding this summer ... with that GSX-S1000

·
Registered
233 Posts
I sincerely hope he doesn't, and that he knows to find better roads (than the Belgian ones), like there are the Dolomites, where I'll be riding this summer ... with that GSX-S1000
Mine was an ironic affirmation. I know Belgium a little bit and I know that the roads are not the best.

P. S. Italian Dolomites?

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's a typical Suzuki, reliable & easy to maintain.
Thia model Suzuki is what I would call a comfortable (more upright position) alternative to a sportbike

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Mine was an ironic affirmation. I know Belgium a little bit and I know that the roads are not the best.

P. S. Italian Dolomites?

I rode through Belgium and the Dolomites on my way to the Italian Moto GP. I can confirm The parts of Belgium we went through were rather boring in comparison to the Dolomites.
But I can also confirm the Dolomites weren’t a patch on the Austrian Alps were we had a three day stop over whilst on our way.
I think someone was showing off a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
But I can also confirm the Dolomites weren’t a patch on the Austrian Alps were we had a three day stop over whilst on our way.
I think someone was showing off a bit
Actually, I should clarify myself a little, I think. Because I wasn't showing off at all. You should read my input once again, but then knowing that I'm a Belgian myself.

I "just" wanted to state that the Belgian roads aren't inspiring at all. Also, I didn't want to make any statement regarding the road surface of either of both roads. Road surfaces may be just as bad or good in Italy as they are in Belgium. But the Dolomites (in fact, any mountain road) are a lot less populated and a lot more inspiring than the dull Belgian roads. Not to speak of the densely populated area that (nearly) complete Belgium is. And with dense population come speed cameras, these days popping out of the ground more quickly than mushrooms.

So I was just hoping the topic starter would be able to find better roads than the Belgian ones. **** no, I wasn't showing off...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
No need to apologise at all.
Its me that owes you an apology
I was scanning through the post on my phone and miss read the post ( thought someone was dissing your roads)
Obviously, mountains roads won’t compare to your home town, mine either.
Anyway, if you’re making a trip off to the Dolomites in the Sumer you’ll love it and the GSXS is a good bike for it, sporty enough to have some fun and yet sedate enough to sit back and just enjoy the scenery. It’ll be great!
P.S try not to get diverted when you see the signs for the Nurburgring on the way. Then I really would be jellous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Nothing wrong with showing off.;) If you've got it / done it, we want to hear about it.

I know Belgium a little, my son has lived there for years
Cobble stones and Tram lines on the roads.
My 1250 Bandit broke down there and I waited hours for a recovery.
Had two week - long visits to the Dolomites - very biker friendly but does get busy in summer.
Been to Nurburgring twice, watch out for cars up your chuff.
Try "Sliders Guest House" great place to stay, owner is a very fast rider on the Ring.
Not bragging just saying. 0:)
Just been checking on "Sliders" and have learned that the guy who was there in 2010 when I went unfortunately may not be the current owner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts