GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked her up a few weeks ago. Wanted to introduce myself and say hello. My name is Steve, and I am 51. Ex Moto X racer, Enduros, etc. Been riding 600 - 1000cc sport bikes off and on for 30 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,609 Posts
Welcome, blue & naked that's how I like em.

Reactions: Freebird23103

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys. So far I got a shade over 500 miles on her. I really like the way this thing pulls down low and in the mid range. Suzuki really got this motor set up well for the application. Yes, its a little sensitive on the transition from off throttle to back on, and this forces me to be more smooth with my inputs. Even though I have had quite a bit of experience riding litre class bikes, this thing puts a big grin on my face every time I ride it. Anyhoo, looking forward to learning and contributing here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Eurocycles of Tampa is having a track day at Jennings this coming Monday. I called about it and they said they allow everyone on the track at once to maximize track time. So I decided not to go. Just a FYI thing if you want to get your gsx on the track.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eurocycles of Tampa is having a track day at Jennings this coming Monday. I called about it and they said they allow everyone on the track at once to maximize track time. So I decided not to go. Just a FYI thing if you want to get your gsx on the track.

I would love to get it out on the track, but my work schedule conflicts with this Monday. I also need to pick up some gear, but I am planning on doing some track time before the mid 90's get here. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Welcome from southwest Florida!
Cool! Thx As you can see I live in New Port Richey. I commute to Clearwater / Largo 28-29 miles.

I head to work at 5am Sat and Sundays, and I love how peaceful and quiet it is at those times. I can tell you I have been Very tempted to ride right past work and keep on going.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts