GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just bought a Z in Sapporo, Hokkaido. It will be my first brand new machine and substantially different to the 1999 GSF 1200 I have been riding since 2007. A friend let me test ride his bike and it wasn't long before I was sitting with the local dealer.

I have already ordered a pile of performance parts(and some bling) for it so by the time all is said and done it will be interesting to see how it all comes together. Looking forward to learning more about the bike on this forum.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome! What color did you get?

Here’s some pictures of mine , can’t wait to see some pictures of your bike in Japan !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome from me too,
Thanks for your great pictures. Just make yourself at home here.
Those rub marks on the leathers show much commitment !

Rob.

Thank you, this bike is the best of both worlds

Guess I should of posted those in another part of the forum but I know japan has amazing places! Wanted to sorta push the idea of taking pictures cause he probably knows all the best spots since riding since 2007

·
Registered
871 Posts
Another here looking forward to seeing what you do with your bike and where you take it. Always nice to see a familiar bike in a completely different locale. Please do share.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought the matt black one with red highlights. Looks like Christmas came early! First shipment of new toys arrived today (^_^)

Nice! I whent with the M4 headers and I’m planning on adding the R1 shock some day

·
Registered
524 Posts
Flywalker, I can already tell you are OUR kind of guy. That aftermarket shock is the FIRST thing every GSX-S1000 rider should buy. The force is strong with this one ;o)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reading these forums can make one's head spin. I read one thread saying the Arrow headers were the ones to use as they eliminate the dip in midrange. Recently I am now reading the M4 longer secondary header pipes are the ultimate answer.

I am trying to avoid using a muffler hanger so am limited to which header I can choose. Arrow does not mate up well with most mufflers, it seems. They don't make a stubby can that mounts down low which is a frustration. I want that "floating over the rear tire" look! I could stick with the stock muffler as I don't hate it, but the bling factor is not quite the same.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
K-Tech Razor-R. That's what I put on. I love it!.
Glad to hear the K-Tech is a worthwhile purchase! I bought it mostly because it was the right colour lol! If I had bought the matt black with blue highlights I would have bought a Nitron.

I want to keep the underside of the tail super clean so was wondering if it's possible to mount the reservoir under the passenger seat, out of sight.

Whatcha think? Possible?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Glad to hear the K-Tech is a worthwhile purchase! I bought it mostly because it was the right colour lol! If I had bought the matt black with blue highlights I would have bought a Nitron.

I want to keep the underside of the tail super clean so was wondering if it's possible to mount the reservoir under the passenger seat, out of sight.

Whatcha think? Possible?
I don't see why you couldn't, but I didn't do the install so I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Whatcha think? Possible?
Having just installed the K-Tech, I'm not sure the line out to the reservoir is long enough. You'd have to cut the underside of the tail and relocate the tool pouch at a minimum. And you might need to butcher a lot more to make it work.

I would assert the answer is, no, it's not possible. I would not recommend trying to make it work if your goal is "a clean look". Instead, I would find a shock without a remote and plasti-dip the spring.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Having just installed the K-Tech, I'm not sure the line out to the reservoir is long enough. You'd have to cut the underside of the tail and relocate the tool pouch at a minimum. And you might need to butcher a lot more to make it work.

I would assert the answer is, no, it's not possible. I would not recommend trying to make it work if your goal is "a clean look". Instead, I would find a shock without a remote and plasti-dip the spring.
Good advise lost. I didn't check the reach for the reservoir line, I had just heard that other people had done it with other shocks. Glad you corrected me. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Sad news but appreciate the heads up.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

Whatcha think? Possible?
It's already been done by a member on here. I think it was the Wilbers shock and they made a long remote hose for him.
Might be worth a search

1 - 20 of 23 Posts