GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just found this forum and seen some interesting, amusing and helpful posts. I was also due to pick up a new blue "F" today but as it's so wet I'll probably wait till tomorrow morning when the weather forecasters assure me it will be dry!
I'm really looking forward to it but will also be a little sad to see my 1250 Bandit go.
All the best
Phil

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Welcome Phil, I also had a 1250 Bandit, great bike but your "F" will leave it for dead in both power and handling.
Best of luck for tomorrow.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Getting a new bike is fun and exciting. Life is too short to ride the same bike forever. There are too many wonderful bikes out there that ride differently. Try as many as you can :) Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Getting a new bike is fun and exciting. Life is too short to ride the same bike forever. There are too many wonderful bikes out there that ride differently. Try as many as you can :) Good luck and enjoy!
The same goes for women!!! hahahaha just joking.
Have fun with the bike! cheers>:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've just found this forum and seen some interesting, amusing and helpful posts. I was also due to pick up a new blue "F" today but as it's so wet I'll probably wait till tomorrow morning when the weather forecasters assure me it will be dry!
I'm really looking forward to it but will also be a little sad to see my 1250 Bandit go.
All the best
Phil
Hello new member...
If your out make sure to clean that roadsalt off or it wont be nice n shiny the next day.

·
Registered
307 Posts
All the best
Phil
picked up my red and black f today it stopped raining for 3 hours, just enough time to get it home in the dry

·
Registered
355 Posts
Greetings from New Zealand Phil!

My wife is a Maid of Kent. Got married in Hildenborough Church (blush :p ) nearly 44 years ago, hehe!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Phil, I also had a 1250 Bandit, great bike but your "F" will leave it for dead in both power and handling.
Best of luck for tomorrow.
Thanks dekker, I see what you mean!
picked up my red and black f today it stopped raining for 3 hours, just enough time to get it home in the dry
Thought I'd beat the rain but got sleet and snow instead! Hope we both enjoy our bikes this summer lumberjack
Greetings from New Zealand Phil!

My wife is a Maid of Kent. Got married in Hildenborough Church (blush :p ) nearly 44 years ago, hehe!
Well I'm a Kentish man and my wife a Kentish maid. Our 2 sons however are Men of Kent. Small world!!!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. First impressions of the bike are really positive. I've already fitted a Powerbronze double bubble screen.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Thanks dekker, I see what you mean!

Thought I'd beat the rain but got sleet and snow instead! Hope we both enjoy our bikes this summer lumberjack

Well I'm a Kentish man and my wife a Kentish maid. Our 2 sons however are Men of Kent. Small world!!!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. First impressions of the bike are really positive. I've already fitted a Powerbronze double bubble screen.
Welcome gripen... Whereabouts in Kent are you ? I'm in Hadlow near Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells..:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Tony. I'm in Herne Bay but my sister in law is in Tonbridge so I know Hadlow. You've got good roads in all directions, I can only go west, east and south!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi Tony. I'm in Herne Bay but my sister in law is in Tonbridge so I know Hadlow. You've got good roads in all directions, I can only go west, east and south!
LOL lets meet up when either of us are in the vincenty... The roads are full of pot holes round here at the mo...:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Phil
Greetings, also in Kent (Medway)
Had my unfaired one delivered just before xmas, but don't think it will be on the road until April now with the current weather forecast!
Where did you buy from?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Phil
Greetings, also in Kent (Medway)
Had my unfaired one delivered just before xmas, but don't think it will be on the road until April now with the current weather forecast!
Where did you buy from?
Yes the weather is really unpredictable at the moment, my wife thinks it's funny that I got caught in that rain, sleet and snow downpour (it only lasted 10 minutes then the sun came out!) on my ride back from the shop having just picked it up. Managed another half hour on it yesterday and have to say it's a great bike. I particularly noticed how good the handling was compared to by last bike a 1250 Bandit. The Bandit was ok but this is very good.
I bought it from Robinsons in Canterbury, they are my local dealer and always treat me well and this is the 6th bike I've got from them, I am a lucky boy! Where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yes the weather is really unpredictable at the moment, my wife thinks it's funny that I got caught in that rain, sleet and snow downpour (it only lasted 10 minutes then the sun came out!) on my ride back from the shop having just picked it up. Managed another half hour on it yesterday and have to say it's a great bike. I particularly noticed how good the handling was compared to by last bike a 1250 Bandit. The Bandit was ok but this is very good.
I bought it from Robinsons in Canterbury, they are my local dealer and always treat me well and this is the 6th bike I've got from them, I am a lucky boy! Where did you get yours from?
I like Robinson's too especially there Suzuki parts operation...:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
....picking mine up on Friday snow this weekend in North of England...and swapping from a 1250 Bandit too!!
Congratulations and all the best for next Friday, hope the weather has improved. I managed to get out again today and I'm really liking the way it handles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts