GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum, but not bikes! I just picked up a new (hold over) 2018 GSX-S1000Z July 18, 2020. That makes my 19th?? motorcycle since I started my 2 wheel obsession some 37 years ago. Just cracked over 500 miles yesterday. Still bone stock, with exceptions of quick connector for battery tender, swing arm spools and some 3M paint protection vinyl for the rear tail section. I am so far very pleased with this bike, has a little bit of throttle snatch (I adjusted cables and it is much better) I think the handling is great and bike is comfy with big power, you can't help but like it!!! Happy riding everyone!

Registered
Welcome and enjoy the forum, + you had the good taste to get a naked. (y)

Reactions: Swade

Registered
Welcome...from that pic, looks like you're in Eastern KY, or maybe Red River Gorge area?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome...from that pic, looks like you're in Eastern KY, or maybe Red River Gorge area?
Very correct!! Good eye! I was right in the heart of the RRG in that pic.

Reactions: G-Dub

Registered
Welcome Swade! Seems like a lot of us folks that have been through a lot of bikes settle, at least for a while, on the GSX-S. I have the F and love it.

Registered
Welcome aboard!

Very correct!! Good eye! I was right in the heart of the RRG in that pic.
So many great roads in that area. I am rolling down to Wytheville, VA on the 14th and will be exploring on the 15th. The plan is to hit the back of the dragon early in the AM, then west for a few hours, then loop back to the hotel.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome aboard!

So many great roads in that area. I am rolling down to Wytheville, VA on the 14th and will be exploring on the 15th. The plan is to hit the back of the dragon early in the AM, then west for a few hours, then loop back to the hotel.
Yes, there are some very nice roads/scenery in this area for sure. I have not ridden back of the dragon yet, please tell me how you like it! I went to the Dragon in early July, it was on my 2003 Speed Triple. I can't wait to take the Gixis down there. Have a good fun trip!!

Reactions: lost

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
If you ever take it west to the Paducah area maybe we can get a GSX-S gang started. I haven't seen another one here. Welcome to the crew.
Heck yeah! sounds great. I've never been part of a gang... Yet! LOL I have only seen one in person and that was at Deal's Gap this year. There is only mine around here, so far, we are very sparsely populated in E Ky though..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts