GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really liking the S1000. When I read about the throttle issues, I think I saw a post that said they turned off the traction control and the problem went away. Since the new Vstrom got the same unit I googled and found a 2014 Cycle World review of the Vstrom 1000 and they noted the same throttle issues and also said all was fine with traction control turn off. If this is ground that has already been covered in previous posts, my apologies; just thought it worth
mentioning. Would like to see this problem resolved so I can buy a blue naked.
Do many of you Gsx s1000 riders ride with TC turned off?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I tried this on mine tonight. I'm not sure if it's all in my head or if it actually did help.... But turning the traction control off seemed to significantly improve the throttle. I'm going to get a friend to take the bike for a ride this weekend and see what he thinks, as he rode it for the first time last weekend with traction control set to 2, and hated the throttle.

I'm interested to see what other members think when they try this.

And Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine is fine on one with the slack taken up on the cable. Turned the traction control off once �� it's certainly reduces front tyre wear if nothing else ��

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies, guys

landy10, would you say it would be fairly impractical or unwise for the average rider to ride with TC off? This bike would be a bump up of 80hp from the fz6r I am currently riding, but I have been riding for a good number of years/miles; haven't ever had TC or ABS (or 145hp). I'm thinking I would like to start cautiously and get a feel for the bike for a while with TC off, and then engage the TC at level 1 or 2 for everyday riding.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'd just be careful powering out of corners and hover your foot over the rear brake when gassing in a straight line.
I've pretty much eliminated the throttle issue now after much tinkering and mainly use tc 1 or 2

·
Registered
219 Posts
landy10, would you say it would be fairly impractical or unwise for the average rider to ride with TC off? This bike would be a bump up of 80hp from the fz6r I am currently riding, but I have been riding for a good number of years/miles; haven't ever had TC or ABS (or 145hp). I'm thinking I would like to start cautiously and get a feel for the bike for a while with TC off, and then engage the TC at level 1 or 2 for everyday riding.
I've done now 6000 km w the bike and i ride it mostly on TC 2. why? cause this is only some extra safety bcs u never know in what condition the road really is.
TC 1 or off only on roads that i know are good or we are in beast mode.>:D
i had before an sports bike something over 150 ps but didnt have no TC no Abs.
and i've done at least 40.000 km w the bike mostly beastly mode and never had a problem but u have to take more care when u or how u or where u open the throtle but its all in ur head and hand.
I suggest u TC2 and when u see that it blinks too often then go to TC1. (its not like in different mods the bike has less power it just prevents from sliping rear tire nothing more) more of a problem is when ur fast u have also to stop. loool
PS its only a bike w 150 ps not a beast or??:D;) but u only have one life!! cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Onenote

Onenote;65721 I suggest u TC2 and when u see that it blinks too often then go to TC1.[/QUOTE said:
This sounds like a good way to start;...and save beast mode for a ways down the road!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi @RBguy and welcome ;)
I solved big part of throttle issue with the slack taken up on the cable and TC off. I notice also that our bike loves very much cold air that gives it a fluid acceleration.
This is my experience that, how I see, is different by bike to bike ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also it seems the throttle has really calmed down after break in. Whether it was working with throttle adjustments or break in or just getting used to it... it's great now at 700 miles. I've been playing with TC off, 1 and 2 and they all have their points.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome,

No real issues with throttle on mine, though I think of it like an old comfortable pair of shoes that you cant remember having problems with when they were new.

TC1 or 2 never altered throttle response directly but you generally change the way you use the throttle depending how you wish to ride at certain times.

I am more aggressive on the throttle when in TC1 than TC2 so I think there is more to it than simply changing the TC setting, there is a brain setting that probably needs adjusted to suit also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts