GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, i am interested with super naked especially Japanese bike, doing some search via google and found my way here. Has been following the z800 from Kawi for years (the z1000 is just not my taste) and Attracted by the new gsx-s1000 which offers great package at a reasonable price.

Done some read up thru out the forum as well as reviews in youtube and found out that it seems that suzuki needs to improve the quality of the build (paint @ tank, rusty swing arms, heel guard, sticky switch, snatchy throttle and etc). Am wondering whether these happened to certain batch of bikes only or its just pure "luck"?

Am on the fence now and do hope suzuki will sort out all the 'issues' soon.

Looking forward for reviews from owners and can learn some diy and etc from the forum.

Cheers

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hi and welcome, I have not suffered any of the above problems except the snatchy throttle which is an easy fix with a throttle tamer or power commander, I have not heard of anyone mentioning about a rusty swingarms( it's aluminium) or tank, only a couple have mentioned about the switch but fixed it with a bit of spray and the heel guard will naturally wear with boots rubbing on it.
I think you will find any other bike will have its own set of problems also but the GSXS ones are minor and its is an awesome bike
Nick

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hi and welcome, I have not suffered any of the above problems except the snatchy throttle which is an easy fix with a throttle tamer or power commander, I have not heard of anyone mentioning about a rusty swingarms( it's aluminium) or tank, only a couple have mentioned about the switch but fixed it with a bit of spray and the heel guard will naturally wear with boots rubbing on it.
I think you will find any other bike will have its own set of problems also but the GSXS ones are minor and its is an awesome bike
Nick
+1;)
Go and get one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nick
Whoops... i think i got it wrongly on the swing arm part, i am refering to the paint peeling off easily (saw someone posted in Facebook about it)

Anyhow, thanks for your feedback and i agree that other bike will have its own set of problems.
I am looking forward to test ride one soon.

·
Registered
328 Posts
welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts