GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just got a 2016 (new old stock) gsxs1000f. Love this bike but pcv going on tomorrow.
I can't believe there are still some new 2016s out there! Good find.

If your trying to fix the throttle, might want to consider a throttle tamer as well. I have a 2016 F, and it was still unbearable with just the PCV.

The TT made it almost perfect.

Happy trails!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I can't believe there are still some new 2016s out there! Good find.

If your trying to fix the throttle, might want to consider a throttle tamer as well. I have a 2016 F, and it was still unbearable with just the PCV.

The TT made it almost perfect.

Happy trails!
2016 F here. From the factory my throttle is butta. >:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just got a 2016 (new old stock) gsxs1000f. Love this bike but pcv going on tomorrow.
What do you consider Mid Missouri. I live in Robertsville MO which is about 50 miles outside the St. Louis city limits. Maybe when I am able to get back on the bike we can get together for some riding?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've got the same bike and sorted it with a boosterplug from Denmark, and got rid of the crappy rear pogo stick aka shock absorber and got a wilbers 641 with the reservoir under the passenger seat; the bike is now excellent. You'll read a lot on here about different attempts to get rid of the snappy throttle. The basic problem is the European Union which not only put emission limits on cars but tried to turn motorcycles into eunuchs with the same controls. The GSXS1000 is one of the worst affected, electronically starved of fuel up to 4,500 revs to pass the emission tests. Without fixing it, a bump in the road which can cause a slight movement of your wrist on the throttle can result in losing all power, or a rapid acceleration neither of which are helpful or safe. Suzuki don't care. The other thing is that the bike is beautifully equipped for the money, but you don't see the rear shock absorber when you buy it, but boy, you feel it when you hit a bumpy road; it is virtually unadjustable, so the only remedy is a proper rear shock absorber. Once you've sorted it, you'll have a beautiful bike. It might even be a classic because here in Australia, rumour has it, that there'll be no more GSXS1000's but only the same bike with Katana livery at $3000 more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts