GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2018 white F yesterday. Been riding on/off for over 30 years, both on/off road. This is the first street bike I've purchased new, so it's a milestone of sorts. Looking forward to contributing what I can.

Can't say I've yet experienced any "surging" on the throttle. The fueling seems good, but there's more engine-braking than anticipated for an I4 engine. I quite like it, frankly speaking.

Plans are to outfit it with side cases, a tail bag, a tank bag, and do some sport-touring. More sport than touring, I suppose.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Great choice and welcome to the club! I quite like mine too. ;)
IMHO, you picked the most versatile bike out there, and white is a great color for the F.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. I have the same view as you on engine braking, I like it but it does get less with mileage.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...it does get less with mileage.
Oh, good to know that ahead of time. Yeah, it caught me off-guard. I was expecting to coast along similar to an '05 R1 I owned once upon a time. I've owned my share of v-twins along the way and I prefer decent engine-braking for the street. So it was a pleasant surprise, really.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts