GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I`m from Poland (Central?Eeastern?Europe). I`m happy owner of blue 2016 GSX-S1000F for couple weeks/~4000km. Previous bike was `07 Triumph Speed Triple.

Greetings

Mortek

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Hi Guys,

I`m from Poland (Central?Eeastern?Europe). I`m happy owner of blue 2016 GSX-S1000F for couple weeks/~4000km. Previous bike was `07 Triumph Speed Triple.

Greetings

Mortek
Welcome mortek! Right year, right color, right model. Nice choice and congrats! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome aboard! When you have some time let us know how the new bike compares/contrasts to the old bike. What made you decide to get the 'F' over the naked?

Na zdrowie!

Since I have a company car I started to ride rarely but longer distances. Had Speed Triple for 8 years and it was a great handling bike. Riding around town and popping wheelies was great but when You need to ride 200km+ with speed higher than 140km/h there was a problem. Because of high mounted silencers and ultra-short tail there was a real problem with taking any luggage (in GSX I have a topcase).

I wanted bike wchich have ABS, fairings, abitity to carry any luggage and is no heavier than Speed Triple, have more or the same horsepower, any torque, good brakes and suspension.

Started to search Ducati Multistrada 1200S but prices/condition was ridiculus, then Z1000SX `2014+ but can`t find any interesting offer. Finally I found mine 2016 GSX, 1st hand, serviced in Suzuki, without any crash with high PUIG screen, LSL crashpads, GIVI topcase, Oxford heated grips etc.

Still I think that Speed Triple, Multistrada and Z1000SX are better looking but GSX is a really good bike. After I changed crappy Michelin PilotRoad4`s to Pilot Power3 it started cornering pretty well. Wheelies are as good as on Speed Tiple, power is massive, comfort is great - what else I need? :)

Hope somebody read my long story ;)

Na zdrowie!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome mortek! Right year, right color, right model. Nice choice and congrats! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. ;)

Aside from squeeking front brakes I really like this bike. It`s really fast, comfy and has quite good mpg (litres per 100km in my region).

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Welcome mortek,
Looks like Europe will be getting some real HOT summer weather over the next week. Should make those tyres even more sticky.

Rob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts