GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from QLD, Australia

Hello everyone!

I purchased a blue GSX-S1000A with 400km on the clock. Loving the way the bike rides and trying to break her in according to manufacturers specs which is not easy!

I use it to commute to work everyday and tour so I'm really planning to test that unlimited km/2year warranty.

I'm setting it up for touring and commuting with the occasional spirited cornering in mind, somewhat annoyed GIVI have not come to the table yet so I purchased a Ventura Astro box which fits perfectly but the quality is absolutely terrible! Don't buy these!

Wondering how much you guys paid for your 1k service?

What luggage options are you guys using ?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome Antonio

I didn't pay for the first service, so cant help you there.
but can help with the luggage, I'm use the SW Motech Blaze panniers and can not find anything bad to say about them except the top opening on them is a little on the small side

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome from Victoria , fill that box up on the back and you will struggle to keep the front wheel on the ground

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that depends on how spirited your riding ? I don't think the maximum weight value of 5KG/120kmph in the top box will make much of a difference on the front end... Its used for clean and dirty linen (work uniforms)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I paid AU$275.00 for the 1000....$250.00 for the 6000...coming up to the 12000..will let you know. Services sorted at Sunstate in Maroochydore.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got my first service thrown in with the bike but they quoted ~$240ish if I remember correctly - Springwood suzuki.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'll keep all advice in mind and I really appreciate the service prices so I don't get gouged by some of these dealerships.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts