GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there, just a short introduction here from owner of a (naked) Red & Black GSX-S1000 which I feel is a cracking machine, just a couple of issues to sort out soon so that I can enjoy it even more, thanks

Mickey Oats I'm thinking mate same here I got the blue one. How you finding it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bought the Bike down in Bolton, was visiting a friend down there, went to have a look round the Bike Shop and was offered a good deal on this Bike so signed on the dotted line....

As for the Bike itself? yeh i do like it, A LOT.

One thing i am not impressed with is the Heel Plates which have worn through at only 800 Miles ! And even less impressed with Suzuki UK who have rejected a Claim request by saying that this is normal wear & tear?
I traded in a 2012 GSXR for this Bike, and those Heel Plates had not worn through....

Anyway, we'll see how things go, i'll post pics on the Forum sometime to see if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Now that its had the first Service (£120) i'm looking forward to putting on some "highland road" Miles on the Bike, i think i'm going to enjoy that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeh my heel plates were the same but got some Suzuki carbon covers and then some sticky round pads to protect the carbon heel plates the things you gotta do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
...heel plates worn through, I've never even heard of that, they're cast aluminum... the heell kinda boots are y'all wearin'?

(I wasn't gonna make a pun there, but then I remembered how strict our language filter is)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
should've said "paint worn through on Heel Plates, which i still find unacceptable at such a low Mileage, what will they look like at 10 or 20k ?
I think i'll invest in the Carbon look Stickers but again, should'nt have to at this low Mileage....

I also wear long Leathers which go over my Boot so its only the Leather that touches this Part, poor Paint quality in my opinion

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, should've said "paint" worn through on Heel Plates but even thats pretty bad at only 800 Miles....

I wear long Leathers too so they go over my Boots which makes it worse in my opinion.
It looks to me like a Product Quality issue (poor paint durability) and just wonder what they will look like at around 10k Miles.

Anyway, great Bike other than that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts