GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, came across the forum whilst looking on the net for comments re the throttle issues, i have recently bought my bike from one of the largest Suzuki dealers in Scotland, the bike i bought was their demo bike which was one of the fist to be available here, i have experienced the throttle issues that many on here have reported, i have a good relationship with my dealer who is looking into the ECU issues i have found details of on the net and will let me know what he finds.
I have been riding since i was 13, turned 52 a few weeks ago and have had a number of large cc bikes in my time and have never had the backside twitching sensitivity that this lovely machine likes to give out freely at speeds up to 30 mph. I don't have much of an issue with it at speeds above 30 mph, where i live i am lucky enough to live on one of the best riding roads in the UK, possible the closest you can get to doing the IOM TT anywhere outside the IOM, you need to be sensible with your speed in a number of places but once you get to know the road you can have some serious fun, remembering of course to be careful and play nice. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi SR14,
welcome to the forums,
I don't have much of a problem with my throttle, I think it vary's quite a lot,
I need to take a trip up your way and try out some of these roads, lots of friends have recommended them!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Hi, thanks for the post, i have had a look at the PCV, if i don't get anywhere with the ECU replacement from my dealer i will probably go down the route of the PC, was it just a plug and play or did you have to have it fitted and set up?

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome from sunny Devon, enjoy the new ride
instead of a PVV have you considered have your ECU remapped that will sort out any throttle issues you may have,
mine has been done and I have smooth power delivery right across the rev range and improved mid range torque

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi, thanks for the post, i have had a look at the PCV, if i don't get anywhere with the ECU replacement from my dealer i will probably go down the route of the PC, was it just a plug and play or did you have to have it fitted and set up?

Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve,
I sourced the pcv from Ian murray in Edinburgh, fitted it myself on a naked which is no biggy if your reasonbly competant.
It has made a difference but would still benefit from a custom map which I will get done eventually.
Biggest problem at the moment is I need new tyres after 1700 miles >:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts