GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just like to introduce myself to the forum, my name is Phil and I'm from Staffordshire in the UK. My previous bike was a Kawaski z1000sx which I loved to ride, but due to a medical condition I decided to sell it as it would have just been standing on the drive for eighteen months. I'm now due to get my Licence back early June so will be looking forward again to getting back on the road.

I have decided to join this forum as I've been looking out for a Suzuki gsx s1000f, but don't know much about the bike itself. I would be interested if any of you guys could give me a few tips on what to look out for when going out to view. I need your thoughts on why I should go out and make a purchase on this great looking sporty bike, any comments (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Phil. 馃憤

Registered
I鈥檝e owned the F model for three years. My take: the engine 锟斤拷; the brakes 锟斤拷; the cornering ability 锟斤拷; the comfort 锟斤拷;the reliability 锟斤拷 and the price锟斤拷.

Those question marks were supposed to the thumbs up emoji. This new iPad still has me confused I guess.

Registered
Hi and welcome from even sunnier Stafford just down the road.
You've got Suzuki dealer Powerslide Motorcycles on your doorstep get yourself a test ride, all questions will be answered.

Registered
Welcome Phil! I love my F. It does everything well from commuting to weekend mountain twisties, to long haul on the straight slab. Things to look out for? Well, there is the notorious throttle snatch. It is well documented in many threads here, with a plethora of fixes including, but not limited to voodoo dolls and animal sacrifices - I'm vegetarian, and don't recommend the latter.
It seems somewhat bike dependent and also seems to have been improved over the model years (2016 to present). Mine is a 2016 and has no throttle snatch at all. Also, the rear shock is what one would expect for the price paid and if you are on the lighter side, you might need to replace it for comfort sake, unless you live in a place where the tarmac is always nice and smooth. Go for it!

Registered
Get a test ride Saxa.
Reliability and quality aren鈥檛 an issue. Your in the best position to decide having ridden the z1000sx as a comparison. It鈥檚 slightly more sports oriented than the SX, if you can believe the journo鈥檚, but I for one would love to hear your opinion.
It can also dawdle along or tour just as easily. I think a lot will come down to looks and price. A few small upgrades and you can turn a good bike into a great bike at a fraction of the cost of some of the top priced bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guy's, thanks for the replys. I am looking forward to a test ride but I'm not buying new. I hope to go for at least a 2016 model hopefully with a few mods. My SX was a great bike to ride but the F seems to be a more modern looking bike which I normally go for. Once my License comes through I will be going for a test ride and will decide from there.

Thanks again Phil. 馃憤

Registered
Hi Phil, another local (Stafford) rider of the F.

On my second now and very pleased with it, I did 17,000 miles on my old one and 1400 miles on the new one.

No issues or concerns, comfortable, immensely reliable and surprisingly economical too. Far sportier and lighter than the SX but still a good one up tourer with Blaze panniers and a tank bag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts