Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Blue

View attachment 49894
Tire Blue Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Hello,

I ride a 16 GSX-S 1000.

I鈥檝e had the bike for almost 2 years now.
Been thinking about requesting the Service Manual but I was too busy riding. 馃榿

I had a miserable tank slapper on the freeway and crashed last year.
My first ever crash after riding/owning numerous bikes and it happened at freeway speed. I was very lucky though, the bike and I were mostly fine.

The headlight and dash were smashed in that crash. I was never a fan of the oem headlight so this turned real quick into a project. I designed and 3D printed a new face for the bike.
The last iteration is the blue one. Still not the happiest with my design, it鈥檚 a work in progress.

Anyways, I finally joined. I鈥檒l hopefully be able to help other members.

Planning on doing a Throttle Body Sync soon. If anyone is interested I鈥檒l post a thread. Lmk.
If there is already one let me know too! 馃檪
if you have a SERVICE MANUAL, please share it. I鈥檇 appreciate it.

Enjoy your ride

*update: it looks like I鈥檓 scaring some here with asking for the service manual. 馃憖
That鈥檚 fine. Forget about the request.

Registered
Very creative! Definitely a different look. I understand why you would think to split the two sections for this look, but what about if it was one solid piece on the front like a fairing, no split In the middle?

Registered
(I had a miserable tank slapper on the freeway and crashed last year)

You should consider a damper... a lot of kit options...
You can search the forum, has a lot of threads about it.. toby, ktech and some chinese...

Should help you prevent another episode...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

Yes, I got the Toby damper as I was rebuilding the bike after the crash. Much better now, but the core issue is still there, that junk rear shock needs to go.

At first, I wanted to design something around a Baja Designs light, great quality of course but expensive. Then I went in "Suzuki boy" fashion and got this $30 light bar on amazon 馃榿
It's working so far and is bright. Longer term I'll try something nicer though. Rear shock still is the priority at the moment.

Hood Product Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071Z7QNM7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts