GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all. Picked up my new bike this morning as it has been on hold for a week following the recall. It is awesome! Thought I would register on here and see how everyone is getting on with theirs as they turn up. Cheers
Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome! The red and black looks really good, can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome

You already have the rim decalls....Very nice

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I am from Essex in the UK. Been commuting 100 miles per day to London and I absolutely love the bike! I have to say that Suzuki have got the styling spot on and it's a dream to ride. Wheel decals are on and the R&G tail tidy is due any day :0)

How are you all getting on with yours?

Neil

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Welcome Bully1975. Good to see yet another Naked.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi, I am from Essex in the UK. Been commuting 100 miles per day to London and I absolutely love the bike! I have to say that Suzuki have got the styling spot on and it's a dream to ride. Wheel decals are on and the R&G tail tidy is due any day :0)

How are you all getting on with yours?

Neil
I'm in Essex as well, you anywhere near Southend?

·
Registered
71 Posts
had mine since 3rd of june like it very much,its a lot better than my triumph speed triple,her indoors has a speed triple,i cant get off the Suzuki she likes it so much

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi there, yes indeed about 30 mins away. Bought my bike from Alpha Motorcycles in Southend :0)

Sorry for the slow reply mate, work is manic.

You a Southender then?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I nearly bought mine from Alpha but the salesman annoyed me so I went to Chelmsford. I live in Shoebury but I can normally be found out and about round Essex.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Test rode the bike at Chelmsford, it bloody rained! Don't suppose it was you that test rode it before me and killed the back tyre was it? Lol

Which salesman did you deal with in alpha?

Will post you when I next head Southend way and see if you are about.

Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello & Welcome -)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Test rode the bike at Chelmsford, it bloody rained! Don't suppose it was you that test rode it before me and killed the back tyre was it? Lol

Which salesman did you deal with in alpha?

Will post you when I next head Southend way and see if you are about.

Cheers
I did get a bit fruity down Essex Yeomanry way and on the twistys heading to Braintree, my ride was 26th April I think.
Lloyd was my point of contact, he just wouldn't help me with my finance questions and kept on insisting I put a deposit down. So I went to Tony in Chelmsford and he could not have been more honest and straight forward if he tried. When they are used to being a Suzuki dealer I can see them being really successful.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@ ackack

That is pretty much where I live lol The roads round here are great, lots of twisty's up to Haverill etc. The day I got the bike I took a day off work and planned a route up to Newmarket. It absolutely pissed down, I was gutted!

Lloyd is actually a cool guy. I have dealt with him a lot and bought my bikes through him. Maybe he was having an off day? Have also dealt with Tony at Chelmsford and agree with you, he seems dead honest. They are close to Chelmsford train station so I reckon they will do great too.

Shame Lloyd annoyed you though as I have always been treated well at Alpha. Maybe give them another go? ;0)

·
Registered
647 Posts
My mum lives in Chelmsford so it's not too bad going there. At least I get a coffee and a bacon sandwich :D

I do quite a few rides from Chelmsford just wandering about, ended up at Saffron Walden last month just by using country roads I don't even have sat nav. I fill up at Chelmsford and keep riding till the petrol gauge starts flashing then I look for more gas then head home. You do have some quality roads up there, it's all rubbish where I am, just a succession of chav towns.

·
Registered
190 Posts
@ ackack

That is pretty much where I live lol The roads round here are great, lots of twisty's up to Haverill etc. The day I got the bike I took a day off work and planned a route up to Newmarket. It absolutely pissed down, I was gutted!
Brilliant route is Haverhill, Steeple Bumpstead, Finchingfield, Wethersfield, Sible Hedingham, Castle Hedingham to Sudbury (or Halstead in your case). Do that route at least once a week, loads of bikes at Finchingfield at the weekends stopping for a coffee and ice cream!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts