GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, after 30 years of GSXRS I鈥檝e gone for the comfort now . I have a 2016 red and black naked . Little mods so far , Yosh R11 ,R&G bar ends, smaller mirrors, Metz tyres, Ermax screen and lextec rearsets ( to fit) looking forward to summer and exploring this change 馃槼 ( and rear shock advice馃槀)

Registered
Welcome Bruce, naked is good choice, enjoy.

Registered
Welcome and congrats on the beautiful bike. Red and Black - classic!
New shock? Check out Wilbers (https://www.wilbersusa.com/) You can get a quad adjustable shock (preload, rebound, high speed compression and low speed compression) for $860. Others will chime in with their favorites, I'm sure. (If you order online, please note they want your weight in KILOGRAMS which isn't 'normal' for us in the USA. Find an online converter and you're golden.

Registered
Welcome Bruce...same here for the comfort, got the gray 16 naked because of a bad back.

And coming off a 2001 ZX6R...this S1000 is a beast.

If you have any issues with the "Jerky Throttle" ck out a thread I started on "ECU flash?" in recent discussions and you will learn everything you need to know for fixing it from these guys.

These guys on here are very knowledgeable and love to share. I knew I needed a ECU flash but these guys steered me in the right direction for who to use. Which is "Danos Performance" in CA incase you need it.

Enjoy the new bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts