GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys n Girls, I have been Porky on other sites for many years, but as there is already a member with the name I'm Porky555 now,
hoping to get a test ride on a GSX S 1000 next weekend, I currently own a GSR750 & a KTM Duke 390, both registered in 2013.
is there anything to be aware of on a GSX S 1000,
do you prefer ABS or Non version,
what is the fuel consumption like etc,
service intervals??
Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Mate. We can only get the ABS here in Australia. I ride mostly for commuting and occasional mountain blasts. Wish There was a way to turn it off sometimes for some slide and stoppie action. But I just feel safer having abs. I dont find it intrusive in normal riding.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Porky

I've been told that the Matt Grey naked are the best option
Serviceinterval in Europe is 12000 km or yearly oilchange
Fuel consumption depends on the wrist :)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hi Guys n Girls, I have been Porky on other sites for many years, but as there is already a member with the name I'm Porky555 now,
hoping to get a test ride on a GSX S 1000 next weekend, I currently own a GSR750 & a KTM Duke 390, both registered in 2013.
is there anything to be aware of on a GSX S 1000,
do you prefer ABS or Non version,
what is the fuel consumption like etc,
service intervals??
Thanks
Nothing to really worry about. I'd say, If it's dry enough, turn the traction to 1 and pin it at least once.;)
Dont by a grey one though.....I've heard they are really slow;)

Enjoy!:D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi Porky,

I recently bought an S and love it. I don't know whether it will be any help but you can find my 2000 km review here: Confessions of an Ageing Motorcyclist: The Suzuki GSX-S 1000A - after 2000 km.

I guess the common complaint is that it's a bit snatchy/lumpy off a trailing throttle or low throttle openings. My old Street Triple was a bit like that too so I don't find it particularly intrusive.

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts