GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I would like to introduce myself. I just picked up a new 2016 GSX-S1000 in Metallic Triton Blue last Monday. What a bike! It has something around 290 miles as of tonight.

I had narrowed it down to the FZ-09 or this bike. I was leaning towards the FZ since I had already ridden one and loved how nimble it was. But after test riding them back to back, the decision was a no-brainer. The Suzuki was just a lot more comfortable to me (felt like the FZ was pushing my crotch into the tank and didn't like the brake dive and pogo-stick shock) and also felt a bit faster. That combined with the ABS and TC made it a very easy decision.

As for mods, I have already installed a Vagabond fender eliminator. I also ordered clear lenses and stealth bulbs for the stock turn indicators, which I hope will look stock but a lot cleaner than the amber ones. I also plan on ordering some fender bolts to replace the bits that are holding the front reflectors.

Anyway, I look forward to contributing to this community as much as I can. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. I still have my FZ-09 but the Suzuki is just hands down a much better bike.

Where did you order your clear lenses from?
Might be confirmation bias, but I am more glad that I chose the Suzuki every day I ride it. I took the GF out on it finally and she kept saying how she liked how smooth and stable it was. I don't think she would have said the same about the FZ :laugh:

I ordered the lenses from ebay: Turn Signal Blinker Lens for Suzuki GSX s 1000 1000F 750 GSR750 DL1000 V Strom | eBay. Same lenses as the DL1000 (V-strom) which is how I found them. Unfortunately the shipping looks like it'll take at least a few weeks :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts