GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got her a week ago, almost time for the first service. I commute just over a hundred miles a day, missed one day because my gear was still wet. I've been riding for 11 years, for most of that time I've gone on a summer road trip with the family, the last 4 years just my dad and I. No idea how many miles I've racked up total, but those trips were between 1,000-2,000 miles. My first daily driver was an '86 Honda Interceptor VF500F, I put nearly 50,000 miles on it, until the clutch push rod snuck a leak on me during a road trip and I blew out a connecting rod. I've ridden cruisers, tourers, dual sports, supersports, sport tourers, and adventure tourers. It's been a long held belief of mine that supersports and sport tourers are the safest class of motorcycle, everything I need to get out of an unsafe situation (braking, maneuvering, and accelerating) they do better. That's a big part of why I went with the GSX-S1000F, and when I sat on it, felt so similar to my old Interceptor, was like coming home.

I've already put a Scorpio i900 security system in it, have a Speedohealer on the way (doing a post later today discussing my analysis of the read error) and am looking at options to adjust the throttle response (though just taking out slack made a huge difference for low speeds). Planning to get some luggage for it, hoping more options crop up before my trip in August.

I'm a safety scientist working as a government contractor in Utah. Have a BS in physics, spent 6 years in the Army Reserves to pay for it. A bit of a Jeep enthusiast, though most of the money I dump into my ZJ is just to keep it running.

Um... what else goes into an introduction?

-Jaren

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts