GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Ian from Swindon, UK.
Been 6 years since I sold my trusty GSXR1000K3 and felt it was time to get a new bike, so picked up my new Phantom 2 weeks ago, lovely bike but horrible throttle response. Insurance for a GSXR with no NCD was eye opening!
Does the new Katana throttle retrofit and cure the snatchyness? I see lots of threads here, but not found a definitive answer...unless someone can point me to it?

Pleasure to meet you all 馃憤

Registered
The Katana tube should fit and has a slower ramp opening the throttle. I may buy one for myself eventually. I solved most the snatch with an ECU tune. I have never checked my TPS voltage, but I have checked it in diagnostic mode with the bars on the LCD display and it was correct. Do a search on TPS adjustment. Some owners have reduced snatch by adjusting the TPS.

Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the forum!

Registered
Yes, get the TPS checked first. If it's not set properly then whatever you do, it won't be able to overcome that. I figured from the factory it should be good but I was wrong. I threw money at my bike before checking this and found mine to be quite off. Fix that, then spend money on the other fixes. Getting the bike remapped is a good idea anyway. The throttle tube won't fix the scratchiness, but it will make it a bit more controllable, and I like mine. G2 makes the right tube you'll want, probably for less than the factory Suzuki Katana one.

Registered
Welcome Aboard Ian from just down the road in Bristol:)
Get the TPS checked but also get a few miles under the hood. My engine was really tight when I first had mine and it didn't help the issue at all. Once i had got through the run in period and started using the bike properly it was much better

Registered
Welcome from the Midlands and enjoy the forum.
+ 1 on what Beaker said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts