GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
I like the ability to lock the helmet on the bike, but hate the stock set up/arrangement.
Anyone done anything different? Im thinking of an after-market helmet lock mounted somewhere????

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was having the same issue, you can use the little tabs under the rear seat to attach the d-rings of the helmet, but it is awkward with the helmet attached to the seat.

Today I got 2 carribeaners and clipped them around the bar near the tail light that the rear of the seat latches into. Works pretty well to hook the helmets and my jacket up so far! IL try to get pics when im out tomorrow.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The stock set up is terrible, true...
However I don't like to leave my helmet on the bike, locked or not... Unfortunately in my country is not a good choice

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was having the same issue, you can use the little tabs under the rear seat to attach the d-rings of the helmet, but it is awkward with the helmet attached to the seat.

Today I got 2 carribeaners and clipped them around the bar near the tail light that the rear of the seat latches into. Works pretty well to hook the helmets and my jacket up so far! IL try to get pics when im out tomorrow.
Thanks, that'd be great to see what youve done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do a web search for Webike Japan ( I haven't seen one for sale anywhere else) and look under items for the GSX-S.

I've just bought one of the original helmet locks from them -you know, the ones they used to fit to bikes as standard - You remove the left side pillion foot peg arm and the helmet holder goes there. The helmet holder is designed to fit with or without the pillion footrest as you wish.

Like you, I like to attach my lid to the bike but it has to be a proper job. The lock looks neat on the bike, comes with two keys and you don't have to carry chains or cables to attach your lid.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Italy? is it that bad?
Italy is a lovely place, with good and bad people, with differents kinds of city and region ... But all the world is made like this....I think....or not? ;)
For example: in the little place where I live, you can leave your house's door opened as leave your bike with key on.... But at 30Km from me, in the town, you can't think to do things like those

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks, that'd be great to see what youve done.
Sorry for the delay on the pictures. Here is what I have done with a couple caribeaners as helmet locks for 2 helmets. Seems to be working really well at this point, and at $6 is not a bad option. And with the size I got, when they are not being used they tuck nicely into a little area in the back of the tail to ensure there is no rattling or anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry for the delay on the pictures. Here is what I have done with a couple caribeaners as helmet locks for 2 helmets. Seems to be working really well at this point, and at $6 is not a bad option. And with the size I got, when they are not being used they tuck nicely into a little area in the back of the tail to ensure there is no rattling or anything.

Excellent idea, I like the look of that and definitely a lot more secure than attaching the lid to the plastic piece on the underside of the seat. I'll be going shopping for a couple of those. Thanks!!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts