GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have been test riding the gsx s 1000 and I am about to do the deal on the f version Can someone please give me the pros and cons of owning a gsx s 1000 f. What is the wind deflection like on the faired version, comfort, handling, power etc.
Any feed back would be much appreciated.
regards d

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been very pleased with how smooth the airflow on this bike is. With an open road ahead of me there is no buffeting at around 80mph. Very smooth airflow all around me. Wind off the screen hits me at about the collar bone.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What kind of climate are you in? The reason I ask is this. I am in Utah and we have a lot of 40-50 degree weather.

If its 90 outside, I could care less about wind protection. Helmets are so good now at being so quiet. BUT, on one of those 40 degree days, wind protection is amazing. Not my entire upper body. Just keeping that cold air off my core is enough to make a ride fun vs something I deal with.

I love the naked look, and the lighter weight. If I could have both, I would. Over the years I've found a bike with wind protection will rack up miles twice as fast as one without and tends to give me an extra 2-3 months of riding time. Not that it really does, its a mental thing, but it really does.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I test rode the F and I bought the naked. I was impressed how smooth air flow was on the F, but I just couldn't come to grips with the extra cost since I prefer the looks of the naked. I'll be honest, from the front I think it's downright "homely".
I do get a lot more wind, but it is pretty smooth and the extra air will feel great in the summer, a little chilly right now though. I also like the fact that it is a little easier to work on... getting the wiring run for my Zumo and my phone was pretty easy.
Less weight is a bonus too...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I rode both before I bought the F.

Whilst my comparison test rides only got to 120KPH the air pressure on chest of the naked made me go for the faired version- Really good wind protection up to base of helmet in upright position. I could not on the brief test of naked feel any difference in percieved weight or performance, although many magazine testers claim the F has better front end feel and turn in.

In city riding the naked was really nice, but for wind comfort I picked the F

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for your help. I am also looking at the Kawasaki sx 1000 but still leaning to the gsx Northern Ireland

1 - 6 of 6 Posts