GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out riding today and stopped to tighten a mirror which came loose and went to restart and no go. Lights work except the gear indicator doesn't register any gear or neutral. Won't bump start either. Battery terminals are tight. Any ideas??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU oh great and wise BW. You were right. Must have hit it when I adjusted the mirror. What a dope I am.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Fortunately we have really good tech support in this forum. Great knowledgeable people like Beerded Wanderer and many others (y)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Another thing to watch is if you drop the bike on its side the "Tip Over" switch will prevent the engine from starting. Thankfully it only lasts for a short time, just saying so people don't have an embarrassing panic attack, like if you drop the bike at the lights.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Also, if the bike is engaged in gear, you don't pull the clutch and the bike is on its kickstand bike will not start. Small things create big problems. Always make sure the kickstand is resting on a stable and flat surface before getting off your bike. I push it a little bit before getting off to make sure is not going to fall on my leg.:cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts