GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting in the General forum to get more exposure.

Very simple task, but I'm missing the trick. I am removing the fairings on the F model and you have to disconnect the headlight harness connector.

It appears to have a tab inside the connector (the side pointed toward the headlight). You can push it either toward the center of the connector or to the outside. I tried both without success, but did not try to force anything.

I can probably figure it out tonight when I get home, but it would be nice to know in advance.

Can anyone tell me how this connector comes apart?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind.

It was a 30 second deal, like I expected.
It was late last night and I was ready for bed.
I got a light on it today and got a better look.
Tab is on the side going to the frame. Just push up and pull apart.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah, I know the feeling. Many times, late at night, after I've been drinking for hours, I get the desire to go out into the dark garage to poke around at my bike and I don't understand what it is I'm even looking at. That could have been what you did last night? J/J :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That about sums it up, except for the beer, but been there, done that, know what you are talking about. :eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the same problem with that connector as you need three hands & a vise like grip to hold the catch up & pull it apart at the same time. I cut a slot on the inside of the black part of the fairing, now the cable runs through there & does not need disconnecting to remove the fairing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same problem with that connector as you need three hands & a vise like grip to hold the catch up & pull it apart at the same time. I cut a slot on the inside of the black part of the fairing, now the cable runs through there & does not need disconnecting to remove the fairing.
Actually, mine came apart super easy once I found the clip to push on.

It's a stupid design to have a main wiring harness going through a removable fairing, IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts