GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mmm, to each his own, I am a spare pants and credit card traveler, roll bag at most on the back seat. Not sure the GSXS was built with touring in mind even though it could do it easily at speed. : - )

Bit of kit for the F boys me thinks.

Just saying : - )

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yup - I've got a Hepco & Becker sports rack. Not the biggest of things, but I've been able to get away for a weekend's camping using it.

Only problem I've had is I had to cut the plastic feet off the two legs which hold it into place. either side of the locking feature.

After that, no worries at all

Reactions: 17105

·
Registered
149 Posts
Has anyone tried one of these? I mounted a top box to the pillion seat on my SV1000, but this looks a lot more solid.

Hepco & Becker Sportrack for Suzuki GSX-S1000 & F
Tell me why you want to ruin the bottom of your sexy Suzi :p
Anyway, I think that this bike isn't made for baggages.
Mount this top box can give you bad stability at the rear wheel. This is due to air flow that don't go in the right direction. And when the wind blow is an another problem.
When I had in my mind to mount a top box on Z1000SX, I had a discussion like this with Kawa technician . In fact that accessory isn't product by Kawa original parts. Only lateral baggages

·
Registered
22 Posts
Must admit I've only used mine the once, to go to the Ulster GP

Was either the Hepco & Becker or a Berghaus full frame ruck sack at the time.

Not the prettiest of thinks, but was ok when fully loaded

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is going to be my daily ride guys, to and from work, rain, hail and shine. I often need to carry stuff back and forth, and am not a big backpack fan, though I'm thinking that I could learn to like backpacks after all.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mmm, to each his own, I am a spare pants and credit card traveler, roll bag at most on the back seat. Not sure the GSXS was built with touring in mind even though it could do it easily at speed. : - )

Bit of kit for the F boys me thinks.

Just saying : - )
I'm an F-boy... only because they look way better. :eek:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Mount this top box can give you bad stability at the rear wheel. This is due to air flow that don't go in the right direction. And when the wind blow is an another problem.
If you think bagage is bad ,you should try a passenger. I haven't managed to find an aerodynamic one yet:eek:Let alone one that doesn't wriggle;)

:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you think bagage is bad ,you should try a passenger. I haven't managed to find an aerodynamic one yet:eek:Let alone one that doesn't wriggle;)

:D
But your problem is "F" model >:D I'm joking ;)
However, all my life with passenger but all my life without bagage. I've tried both things in my old bikes and I prefer passenger that moves body naturally with mine and follows the road.
Obviously it's my opinion and I know that the bagage is a perfect option for to use the bike all the days in different condition, for go to work as a weekend outdoor ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Got one as soon as it was available.
The pillion/passanger "seat" is a joke anyway so a sturdy rack like this (with no 5kg limit) is a better option (for me at least).
It gets "crowded" with a (large) topbox, but I am not a fan of driving with a backpack either.
I also had some issues with getting it on/off and had to adjust the rack mount a little to make it fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The beauty of the Hepco & Becker rack is that it is so easy to take on and off. it uses the rear seat locking system, so can be fitted and removed at the turn of a key.

Butchering a spare rear seat would probably be a cheaper option.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yup - I've got a Hepco & Becker sports rack. Not the biggest of things, but I've been able to get away for a weekend's camping using it.

Only problem I've had is I had to cut the plastic feet off the two legs which hold it into place. either side of the locking feature.

After that, no worries at all
Just looking at these . Does it come with some way of attaching a givi box ?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just looking at these . Does it come with some way of attaching a givi box ?
Nope.
Actually it is not intended for a top-box as there are no option for this from Hepco-Becker.
I just drilled holes in it to fit a "universal" top-box mout (Givi).
But as I posted earlier (last year) it is not a good solution as the box gets too close for comfort. :(
Will probably ditch this rack or make another way of mounting the "universal" mount to the rack (steel plate). To get the box a little further back (on the rack).
But most likely I will go for a Ventura system.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi thanks for the info. Could you post a picture of it with the box attached ? Ta ...
Have only a (bad) picture with the Givi universal rack mounted.
But you can perhaps see how short the distance is from the rear of the box and your back (on the bike).
Especially if you have a backrest mounted on the Givi Maxia (stupid mistake) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
If You want to load a little bit of luggage And maintain the rear seat for a passanger ...You can look At Renntec..The company is located in Great Britain....i ordered it and it could be a solution.
Ciao
BABYEVO

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have only a (bad) picture with the Givi universal rack mounted.
But you can perhaps see how short the distance is from the rear of the box and your back (on the bike).
Especially if you have a backrest mounted on the Givi Maxia (stupid mistake) :)
It looks really neat in the pic and looks as though the box would be stable. Pity you couldn't take a pic with the box attached ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Her's a pic of the hepco becker sportsrack and the Hepco Becker LockIt Tail-Bag.
Both, the Rack and the bag, are very easily removed. The SportsRack by the key,
the bag by the magnetically LockIt system, by the pull of a small strap.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts