GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there boys and girl.
I got my brand new GSXS 1000 last week, and are actually writing this while waiting for the mechanic to finish the first service at 1000km!
Funny story: I've been riding for four years now along with one of my very best buddies, who talked me in to riding motorcycles in the first place. When I mentioned to him that I wanted a GSXS he tried to convince me to buy a VFR 800 instead... One week passes and I get the GSXS. Another week passes, and what do you know, my friend swaps his VFR for a GSXS after trying mine a couple of times! I guess it's suzuki-masterrace!
Anyways. I'm looking forward to seeing you around on this one forum to rule them all.
Best regards

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Welcome Andi.
I think he realized he would have to be dancing on his VFR gear pedal all the time to keep up with you. :)

Reactions: Andi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dekker
Indeed! He says it's very heavy in the corners. But worst of all, now he doesn't have the excuse that I have the faster bike when I annihilate him on the track. So now I have to listen to hours of excuses, why he got a bad headwind and I don't, why his suspension isn't set up properly and so forth:rolleyes:😂

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yep! He sure is!
And thanks a lot Slower :)
Here's a picture of my (blue) and Sunde's (grey) still almost brand new bikes! We´re headed for Germany next week, and will most likely take them a couple of laps around the Nurburg Ring! very much looking forward to that!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Enjoy your trip round the Ring. I've been there a couple of times, just watch out for idiot car drivers.
That Yoshi version looks great and I notice Suzuki have changed the decals on the Blue one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Enjoy your trip round the Ring. I've been there a couple of times, just watch out for idiot car drivers.
That Yoshi version looks great and I notice Suzuki have changed the decals on the Blue one.
Thanks mate! Yeah we went there last year on our ~ 600cc's. It's so awesome! Luckily we didn't see too many idiot drivers. Someone spilled oil on the track though. So there were no motorcycles allowed after our first lap. So we just extended our holiday by another day to get a few more laps.
I've noticed that too with the decals. If i'm not mistaken, there'll be even more changes for the '21 model

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yeah I've had the "no bikes" scenario, it's not good when you've paid for 4 laps and you only get 3 with no refund. Mind you that was around 10 years ago, might be different now.
Can't say I like the new Suzuki decals much, lets hope for better next year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I've had the "no bikes" scenario, it's not good when you've paid for 4 laps and you only get 3 with no refund. Mind you that was around 10 years ago, might be different now.
Can't say I like the new Suzuki decals much, lets hope for better next year.
It's still the same unfortunately. I guess the good thing is that your purchased laps last for a year. Even though that doesn't do much if you have to drive 1000km to get there. We fortunately had another day off from work, so we could just delay our home trip.
I was just at the dealer the other day and saw a 750. And man that thing looks horrible I comparison! In my opinion that is. So compared to that it's no biggie 😉

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Dekker
Indeed! He says it's very heavy in the corners. But worst of all, now he doesn't have the excuse that I have the faster bike when I annihilate him on the track. So now I have to listen to hours of excuses, why he got a bad headwind and I don't, why his suspension isn't set up properly and so forth:rolleyes:😂
Unacceptable, the fact that you have a windscreen and i do not will be the reason you win!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts