GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So aside from CEL or in the bike world F1 issues I'm still dealing with heres my Dyno sheet, This is after M4 full Healtech X-TRE and PCV with a custom dyno Map. This was done at 90feet above sea level in San Jose California

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OP Im in San Jose, who / where was the dyno done?
as much as I'd love to tell you I've been asked not to, you know theres a ton of regulations now about modifying AF ratios and stripping off emissions parts etc. My tuner is word of mouth only from friends.

·
Registered
90 Posts
lol silly California. Does your bike have to be inspected annually? If you used FTECU software to flash the bike, you could have removed the CEL. If I were you, I would contact Nels at Two Wheel Dyno Works about flashing the bike (he is a couple states north of you). The PC5 is on its way out because of flash tune. I had my 16 zx10r ecu flashed by Nels after I installed a 3/4 exhaust and I went from 170whp to 195whp. Had to relearn to ride the bike.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Measured in 3rd gear? (the curve ends/hit limiter at a little above 120mph according to the x-scale).
With XTRE is should have been measured in 6th I think.
Is the dyno-operator a cluebie? (I hope/believe not)

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
lol silly California. Does your bike have to be inspected annually? If you used FTECU software to flash the bike, you could have removed the CEL. If I were you, I would contact Nels at Two Wheel Dyno Works about flashing the bike (he is a couple states north of you). The PC5 is on its way out because of flash tune. I had my 16 zx10r ecu flashed by Nels after I installed a 3/4 exhaust and I went from 170whp to 195whp. Had to relearn to ride the bike.
I got my FZ-07 tuned by Nels. He's unbelievable, it completely changed the character of the bike for the better. I also had to relearn how to ride it. He's currently got maps for the GSXS too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Measured in 3rd gear? (the curve ends/hit limiter at a little above 120mph according to the x-scale).
With XTRE is should have been measured in 6th I think.
Is the dyno-operator a cluebie? (I hope/believe not)
The XTRE should change the timing to be equal in every gear. A stock GSX-S would make less power in 3rd than 6th, though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Started with the new ECM and then the primary TPS. Followed that with a full Yoshi system of stainless headers into the r11 black metal magic, so decat'd the bike. Fitted BMC air filter for better flow and the a Rapidbike Evo fuel controller. Also fitted a quick shifter for good measure. The Rapidbike is on self tune at present, from its own internal map. I'm due to take it back for further tuning.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok, Ihad a few Miles with the bike now, Holy ****! Now it acts like a 1000 should!
Yeah the mods are sure worth it. Mine is pretty low in the HP/Torque stakes (141 rwhp / 74 FtLb), but it started at 128/67. Huge gains at 6,000 - 7,500 RPM (+11hp +9 FtLb). Have PCV, Full Yoshi system and K&N. Difference even from idle is amazing, and it just gets better. :D :D :D

Have 1,700 km on it so far, looking fwd to see what it's like after 5,000 km :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi This is my dyno. I have replace air filter to bmc, full yoshimura r11 exhaust, pc5 and qvickshifter. Now I have 153 whp.
Nice! Love the results you got, very similar to my own. Goes to show the fuel controllers do fill in the dips and produce great results. Also shows that this should be how the bikes ought to come from the factory.

Have you finished modding or are planning more aft / engine mods?

·
Registered
387 Posts
There you go hutte86, you can use my graph that actually is 153hp at the wheel and not repost Vamp at 143hp

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts