GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine arrives in September, I've ordered a Black & Red F model. I currently have my GSX 1400 to ride until it arrives. The F is replacing my 7 year old Busa which was and still is an awesome machine, however most people I ride with have gone down the adventure bike route and it was getting to the point where I was using the 1400 for more ride outs so decided to get one of these great bits of kit.

Other than that I'm a 51 year old truck driver who has 34 years riding experience and in the past been both a cbt and advanced riding instructor. Mods will be taller screen, heated grips and Satnav Mounting for the garmin 550 any recommendations greatly received. So looking forward to getting the new toy, not however having to run it in but needs must and of course being part of the group. Oh and yes pics when it arrives. ;)

Ride safe.

Mike

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hello and welcome!

I went from a 2008 Hayabusa to my GSXS as well. They are cracking bikes!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome Mike, Enjoy the new bike when it arrives.
I have a naked so cant help with the screen and I don't do heated grips but I mount my TomTom in a waterproof case on a M8 ram ball mount from Ultimate Addons, There are a number of different solutions on the threads here, I'm sure there will be one that suits you

·
Registered
647 Posts
Dealers in the UK are awful at holding new stock. The only thing you can buy without ordering is oil and tank pads. Plus they tend to be small showrooms and having boxes of unregistered bikes might be a bit of a nightmare for insurance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome from US Washington's Pacific Northwest. I too traded my 5th and last Busa, unless they come out with a more updated model, I will stick with the gsxs-F right now, I figured at 57 its time to mellow out a little. You can ask a lot of questions here about your bike and you will have multiple choice answers. Everyone is pretty much knowledge able on motorcycle by experience.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome
I previously has a GSX1400 before the GSXS and it was one very tough torque monster but I wanted a bit more sporty feel keeping upright and this bike ticks all them boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, Mike.

I've got a PowerBronze double bubble screen on mine. There are taller screens available but this one's a massive improvement on the stock one for me (6'2"). The one I have also has some nice "GSX" lettering on it which looks cool I guess. :)

For GPS I just use my phone in my pocket (voice instructions via Sena) but this thread might help: http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1000-general-discussion/29266-gps-solution.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts