GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
I picked up my new 2016 gsx s1000 2 weeks ago, I'm absolutely loving it! I'm sure we will have a long relationship

·
Registered
328 Posts
Great to hear! Welcome to the forum.

Oh, and pics please!!! :-D

·
Registered
328 Posts
She's a beauty! Bet that can sounds great! Looks good too.

Where are you looking for a graphics kit? That sounds cool. I was initially planning on using the 3M protective wrap, but then thought about wrapping her in a completely different colour (to protect the paintwork, of course), the graphics kit option could be very cool though!

This is my beauty! Only mod so far is the yoshi can and deleted the front reflectors
Soon to come is graphics kit and lose the snatchy throttle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's a beauty! Bet that can sounds great! Looks good too.

Where are you looking for a graphics kit? That sounds cool. I was initially planning on using the 3M protective wrap, but then thought about wrapping her in a completely different colour (to protect the paintwork, of course), the graphics kit option could be very cool though!

This is my beauty! Only mod so far is the yoshi can and deleted the front reflectors
Soon to come is graphics kit and lose the snatchy throttle.
I have a mate who owns a sign writing/ printing business he uses the 3m protection wrap over the stickers he makes so it last ages!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sweet! That's a neat trick to make them last too.

Pics when you've got them on, please!!!

I have a mate who owns a sign writing/ printing business he uses the 3m protection wrap over the stickers he makes so it last ages!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a little louder more open drone sounding. For what it costs I wouldn't get it unless you plan on doing a full system. I'm waiting for the rest of my pipes to come in so they can be fitted but as just that as my only mod it say stick to the stock one honestly or try another brand.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Any slip on would really only be for looks unless you buy one that restricts it which I don't know why anyone would as the stock can has very little restriction and doesn't do much at all , I took mine off and took it for a ride and it made very little difference in sound without it

·
Registered
328 Posts
The salesman fired up a stocker and one with a full system (the one that I now own) when I was in the buying process and I have to say I was mightily impressed with the sound of the stock can! It sounded like an aftermarket system. Well, that is until he fired up my bike and the pictures on the walls started to rattle. I won't try and hide the fact that I got so excited a little bit of wee came out when I first heard it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Going from a CBR600 with a Staintune full system without the bung was not much louder than this stock & weight doesn't seem to be an issue with the gsxs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey what brand is the full system you have??? I've had my dealer and an aftermarket shop trying to find me a full system for weeks! They say yoshi and akro aren't making them yet. So I'm going to have to dyno the bike without that until they come out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts