GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi from Houston Texas. I've been a motocross guy my whole life but at 49, it's finally time to hang it up. (actually it's WAY past time lol) I bought a beautiful Yamaha Raider. Great bike, just didn't work for this adrenaline junkie, so it got sold. Bought a FZ1 that had been converted to the naked style.....More like it but I sold it as well. I was looking at the new FZ10...Loved it one time, hated it the next.

So I started to look at other options...That is when I ran across a bike I didn't even know about. The Suzuki GSX-S1000F. After you-tubing it to death, it became a no-brainer. I had to drive to Dallas to find a F model in red/black but....I got her. She had/has 00000 miles on her.

Weather has sucked here the last couple of days, so as bad as I want to ride, I want the first one to be about nothing but the bike.

On the bright side I have spent a lot of time on the web so already ordered.... fender eliminator, led rear blinkers, flush mount front blinkers, frame sliders, clutch brake levers, GSX tank protector, Powerbronze airflow windscreen, rear spools & a rear stand....

Not a bad start considering I have yet to ride it....lol

Looks like I found the place to learn any & everything about my bike....Looking forward to learning

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome from the UK. As long as your TPS is correctly adjusted you'll find it's a really good bike. I picked mine up a year ago and thought I had a dry ride home but I got caught in a freak snow storm so I understand why you want to wait!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from the UK. As long as your TPS is correctly adjusted you'll find it's a really good bike. I picked mine up a year ago and thought I had a dry ride home but I got caught in a freak snow storm so I understand why you want to wait!

I'm sure I will here a "do a search newbie" but how can I tell it needs to be adjusted ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
:laugh:Welcome Aboard:laugh:

but how can I tell it needs to be adjusted ?
You'll know;) You'll be giving it a small amount of throttle after slowing down and it will leap forward like you just gave it a fist full instead of just a touch:D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Welcome! :)

You'll know;) You'll be giving it a small amount of throttle after slowing down and it will leap forward like you just gave it a fist full instead of just a touch:D
Excellent description Beaker, reflashed ECU cured it for me, but I've just bought the TPS adjustment cable in search of my throttle response nirvana :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just went for a quick ride...I didn't feel it at all.....but I only rode about 40 miles. Throttle is very responsive, suspension while new felt really good. Riding position is good. Bike feels light in turns and planted to the road.......

Thanks guys.....just a quick ride......... but so far, I'm impressed

·
Registered
102 Posts
The guys answered the TPS question better than I could! I had the updated ECU fitted and then adjusted the TPS (by trial and error) and now I've got a different bike. Before the adjustments it was a good bike, now it's a fantastic bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the only thing I have noticed (but like I said, one ride) is there is quite a bit of play in the throttle cable...Is this good or bad?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Throttle play is 2-4 mm if adjusted by the book, but I found it rides much better with almost all the play adjusted out, as have many others!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks.....I will ajust it for sure because it has quite a bit of play.

Thanks again....Glad I found this place

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome to the board and to your new motor cycle.

So far there are 3 other GSXS1000 owners in Texas that are also on this site. Stromer is in Fort Worth, LuckyGS is in Kaufman, and I am in Rockwall.

Where did you purchase your GSXS1000? I got mine from Plano Suzuki.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts