GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys/gals..Haven't taken the plunge for a new gsxs yet but plan to go with a naked abs model this winter, probably slightly used to save some money.

My first real bike was a 2008 gsxr600 which I rode for a few years, 15k miles, rode a couple 1000's after that and got hooked. Over the summer of 2013 I made the best purchase yet and got a new 2013 Bmw s1000rr, rode it year round for 3 years and sold this past Spring because I felt too comfortable and rode very fast too often. Purchased a 2013 klr650 hoping it would hold me over but it has not; so I'm taking a short Hiatus from motorcycles. After riding my friends Triumph 675 I really enjoyed the naked bike, his felt a bit small for me at 6'1" but the experience and upright riding position was ideal.

Anyway, here to learn more about this bike and see how everyone updates and modifies their bikes. Here's some shots of my old bikes.

-Matt
After Powdercoating wheels

Some nice chicken strips, first year I presume...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome. The GSXS has enough power to get you in trouble as well, but hopefully the more relaxed seating will keep you in cruise mode. Not sure how the 2nd hand market is around you, but GSXS weren't exactly the biggest sellers so you might have to be patient.
Good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome Matt (I really mean it even though it sounds funny). I dont believe you will be disappointed with the gsxs. Hope you find one soon! And thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome Matt, you wont be disappointed with a naked, I rode my friends Triumph 675 Street Triple and that is the closest thing I can describe the handling and feel of the GSX-S to, it feels light, nimble and rock solid in the corners with plenty of power for the straights. I test rode a few bikes when I was looking at getting mine and it was by far the best and I don't regret getting it at all

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hello and welcome! You will enjoy the GSXS when you secure one. It can be easy to get a bit carried away though, as she likes to egg you on a bit.

I like your previous rides, excellent taste!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Welcome, and please feel free to post to our GSXS Forum, Matt.

I didn't see what Rusty was apologising for, till I read my own post, so hence my rearrangement of my own welcoming greeting.
Though I am sure its water of a ducks back to Matt by now.

Rob.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

I didn't see what Rusty was apologising for, till I read my own post, so hence my rearrangement of my own welcoming greeting.
Though I am sure its water of a ducks back to Matt by now.

Rob.
Still not sure what you guys mean haha, do we stick to our usernames here?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome!
There are some killer deals out there on these bikes now, you might want to see what new bikes are going for instead of waiting for a used one.
I still have my S1000RR, the GSX-S is crazy fast and and way more comfortable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome!
There are some killer deals out there on these bikes now, you might want to see what new bikes are going for instead of waiting for a used one.
I still have my S1000RR, the GSX-S is crazy fast and and way more comfortable.
Glad to hear, i know the bmw would ultimately dust it over 100mph but it seems pretty quick and is more than enough power for the street. Plus its half the price, easier to maintain and gets way better mpg for a touring/commute standpoint:)

Was only thinking of going private used to save on CT sales tax and a little bit off the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts