GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sr Field Service Technician for a large industrial coding and marking company. Almost 40 years doing that. I am in many different factories installing/servicing laser, thermal and ink printers and label applicators. I get to see how many things are made. I love the high tech places I go, hate the food plants. Slaughter house/meat plants really turn my stomach.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Pretty interesting how most find their fit in the job, they it looks like some real longevity. If most are close to my age on this forum 40’s-60’s (average), then there are some experienced craftsmen in a wide variety of fields here. Some valuable peoples and skills

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tool and Die Maker/Real Estate Investor

Journeyman tool and die maker working on Class AA high speed metal stamping tooling for Bosch at a company in Florida
Real Estate Investor stuff is working on Short Sale homes then leading in to the main goal of self storage. Time to get out of manufacturing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Retired now, was involved with supply & commissioning large industrial gear transmission (mining mainly) for 30 years. Motorcycle mechanic before that.

Reactions: mike d

·
Registered
'16 Suzuki GSX-S1000F, '17 BMW R1200RT, '18 Honda Africa Twin AS DCT
33 Posts
Retired from IT in 2018 after 27 years. Started as a Systems Engineer, then Corporate Consulting, finally Director of IT for a NASDAQ company. Before that a Suzuki and Yamaha dealer in Wisconsin for 11 years.

·
Registered
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000FA
106 Posts
I work as an electrician for my local municipality. It's all outside electrical work. I work on traffic signals, drill and set light pole bases, concrete work, wire up lighting cabinets and signal cabinets. My department is kind of the be all do all. If the city needs something done, we are usually the ones to do it. In the winter I plow snow as well and the OT gets good.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I work in Taxation, Trusts and Estate Planning Documents for almost 30 years. Before I worked in the Home Loan Industry. I have worked in the Construction, Warehousing, Office Supplies Industry, Transportation, Auto mechanic, Electrician, Solar energy and I am a Chef.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For last 20yrs civilian flight software dev and testing, and systems engineering. Nowadays a bunch of enterprise network design/implementation/debugging also. Not sure what I want to do when I grow up though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The next bike I purchase, Will not be mass manufactured, I think I will get you all to build it!, promo it, with all the tech experience, engine experience, development experience, PR experienc, life experience there is even medical experience in case something goes wrong in the testing stage!
On to something here

21 - 35 of 35 Posts