GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, looking to trade in my CB650F and buy myself a new 2019 GSXS 1000F next season, had great experiences being part of a forum for my CB, and see no reason not to repeat the success here! I am danish, but write english well enough i hope ;).
I am 22 years old, so obviously ripe age for riding on a 1000cc liter bike 0:)
Having had the pleasure of taking a 2018 GSXS 1000F for a test-ride yesterday, i am pretty much sold on this machine, hilarious amounts of power and just a great ride, could not really stop smiling :D... Plenty for a young guy like me to get into trouble on anyway! I hope to ask whatever questions i have regarding the bike in here, as they come to mind...
Thanks for having me, regards Sunde.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi Sunde and welcome.
I wish I was 22 again:D
Unfortunately most of us gsxs riders are old farts lol I’m 63 and there are others older than me
and some a little bit younger so looks like you might be the baby of this group.;)
Anyhow mate good to see some youth in the old people’s home and the gsxs is a great
Bike you will love it.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You have chosen well Sunde! The GSX-S1000F is just a fantastic all around bike. You will love it! This forum has great members and information. Welcome!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
G'Day Sunde,
Welcome along as per the other very old Members best wishes.
I imagine the Danish riding season has finished for this year?
It must get cold earlier than just now, otherwise whose got the time to bake all those moreish Danish Shortbread Christmas biscuits that fill our Australian Food Supermarket's now ?
Who ?
Our favourite Aussie export to Denmark, HRH Princess Mary, I never would have guessed that. 0:)

Rob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you gents! Yeah season is sadly closing out here, i never used to mind winter until i got a motorcycle... :(
Thanks again for the warm welcome, and ride safe those of you who still have the weather for it!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome from possibly the oldest member to possibly the youngest.:)
There is no doubt you will enjoy your bike, but you might have an even better experience if you buy the naked version.;)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome from possibly the oldest member to possibly the youngest.:)
There is no doubt you will enjoy your bike, but you might have an even better experience if you buy the naked version.;)
I've always had some of my best experiences naked... but if you want to go out on a bike, keep your clothes on and get the F, it much better:)
Also, get less complaints from the neighbours;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Greetings all, looking to trade in my CB650F and buy myself a new 2019 GSXS 1000F next season, had great experiences being part of a forum for my CB, and see no reason not to repeat the success here! I am danish, but write english well enough i hope ;).
I am 22 years old, so obviously ripe age for riding on a 1000cc liter bike 0:)
Having had the pleasure of taking a 2018 GSXS 1000F for a test-ride yesterday, i am pretty much sold on this machine, hilarious amounts of power and just a great ride, could not really stop smiling :D... Plenty for a young guy like me to get into trouble on anyway! I hope to ask whatever questions i have regarding the bike in here, as they come to mind...
Thanks for having me, regards Sunde.
Welcome Sunde!
I’ve been to Denmark many, many years ago as I grew up on a very tiny island between Sweden and Finland called Åland Islands. As you can tell, I’m old too just like the other cool farts here.
I love the look of the naked but if I was to buy again I may just go for the F, especially in your somewhat cooler climate. But you get what you want and haul @$$ :)
Later!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Welcome Sunde!
I’ve been to Denmark many, many years ago as I grew up on a very tiny island between Sweden and Finland called Åland Islands. As you can tell, I’m old too just like the other cool farts here.
I love the look of the naked but if I was to buy again I may just go for the F, especially in your somewhat cooler climate. But you get what you want and haul @$$ :)
Later!
Thanks for the welcome!
I aim to become an old (cool) fart one day myself, so all is good haha!
I am somewhat split between the F and the naked, they each have their own merits d:
However my dealer just got a brand new naked GSXS 1000 with white paint and blue rims in store, and i'd be lying if i said i wasn't tempted.
I might just have to get a thicker jacket heh! :D

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!
I am somewhat split between the F and the naked, they each have their own merits d:
However my dealer just got a brand new naked GSXS 1000 with white paint and blue rims in store, and i'd be lying if i said i wasn't tempted.
if you enjoy highway riding the MRA race screen on the s makes a huge difference

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will look into some aftermarket screen 100% I have one on my CB650 aswell, small sports screen, but takes a bit of the wind off my stomach/chest.
Has to look good tho, cannot stand large touring screens on nakeds haha. I suspect i'll be very happy with the S1000 regardless of wind, used to it anyway.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hi Sunde,
Have you found on your demo ride of the F that the lower fairings deflected the cold wind away from your lower leg parts ?
Other Members with the F might want to chime in on this aspect that the Naked does not get (the lower fairing package).

This is not your last bike like a lot of us Oldies One's play with.
You'll go on to buy many others after this GSX-S1000 no matter what you decide this time around.

If your riding in cold blustering weather, there's probably no right or wrong decision with either type of bike. There's arguments and counter arguments - I see your concern.

The only really aerodynamic bike that Suzuki made was the Hayabusa. But even then, the Rider's body profile was ignored. Hence the sale of double bubble screen's.
I think the comfort issue is wind above the handlebars, not below. A GSX-R would make a better wind piecing shape than either GSX-S, as your head is more downwards with the helmet helping diffuse the wind.

Rob.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!
I put a small screen in my naked and it does take quite a bit of wind off the chest.
They have a white/blue naked at my local shop too, it looks good!
I really like the look of the white ‘F’ too.
Either one you get will put a grin on your face :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts