GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,my name is Frank,I'm german but living in Italy,Milan.
I'm 48 ages old and nextly,after the exhibition EICMA, I will buy a GSXS1000F.
My last bike was a KTM 1290 sold this june.
Hope to find nice guys to change ideas and informations about this bike.

Ciao
BABYEVO

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome BABYEVO! You won't be disappointed in your purchase of the GSXS, but I gotta ask, why'd you sell the 1290?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome from Italy too. ;)

Your KTM was a 1290 SD or Adventure?
I had a 1190 Adventure before GSXS.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First of all thanks for the welcome massages you posted. I sold the 1290 KTM SUPERDUKE for several reasons,....it was a wunderful bike but it was impossible to hold down the front wheel in the first 3 gears,...to give you an idea,..in the second gear at 3500 rpm the front wheel goes in direction....heaven.
The torque was exagerated,..too much for me and also the power too much for a naked bike without wind protection.So..to drive fast you had to take too much concentration. It remains a wunderful bike,..but for me too much.

Ciao
BABYEVO

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome from Sydney

·
Registered
88 Posts
First of all thanks for the welcome massages you posted. I sold the 1290 KTM SUPERDUKE for several reasons,....it was a wunderful bike but it was impossible to hold down the front wheel in the first 3 gears,...to give you an idea,..in the second gear at 3500 rpm the front wheel goes in direction....heaven.

The torque was exagerated,..too much for me and also the power too much for a naked bike without wind protection.So..to drive fast you had to take too much concentration. It remains a wunderful bike,..but for me too much.

Ciao
BABYEVO
Like my MV Brutale 800. It used to come up in the first three gears off the throttle. Not good when your in a mid bend giving it some and it starts coming up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts