Registered
282 Posts
Welcome smurf lover :)

Reactions: Martin

·
Registered
437 Posts
Smurf!
That's brilliant can't wait to meet a blue gixxus rider and call him or her a smurf 😄😄😄

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yea I'm curious as well why the supposedly old suzuki is conquesting that silky smooth triple??? Heard the susp on the 09 is a bit suspect for some.. I'm a lighter guy so didn't feel anything strange...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
frum FZ9 to GSXS differences

Traded my FZ-09 for GSXS & Now have 1k miles on new Blue GSXS. FZ-09 was awesome bike but compared to GSXS it was like riding on back of an ostrich & then switching to riding on back of a thoroughbred race horse...lol ..did canyon riding, cross country, and multiple trackdays on FZ-09 and only issues were crappy seat & weak suspension & small gas tank but that was to be expected for such a low initial purchase price..FZ-09 was lighter & smoother with minimum buzz in handlebars @ highway speeds (70-90mph) my GSXS handlebars buzz @ 90+ which is my only complaint so far..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I plan on buying a Blue "F" model and have been called a Smurf for years. Just watch out you don't get blown by an old Smurf on blue "F" model Gixxus!

·
Registered
974 Posts
I was very close to buying an MT-09 and thought it was a great fun bike to ride, I did test ride it then got off and straight onto the GSXS and yes the power and smoothness was much better and I still wonder sometimes if I made the right decision until I get my my GSXS and also read posts Like this ,
Btw welcome

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also traded my 2015 FZ09 in for a 2016 GSX-S1000 and it was a decision well made. Although the triple of the FZ09 is full of torque with a fun power band, it was hard not not to over look it faults, those of which I have not found with my GSX-S1000. First of all, the chassis and suspension of the FZ09 is downright dangerous, especially for canyon riding. The super soft suspension and pogostick-like chassis stand the bike up in corners and create a hurky-jerky ride that coupled with a twitchy throttle response can put you on the ground if you're not careful. The overall chassis and suspension package of the GSX-S1000 is much more put together and stable, the throttle response is not nearly as twitchy, and the engine absolutely PULLS. In addition, coming from a dirt bike background, I liked the up-right position of the FZ09, but it became very tiring while commuting a good 45 mins to and from work everyday on the freeway. The GSX-S1000 tucks the rider in a bit more, and although its is still fairly up-right, you don't get nearly as tired. Also, the transmission on my FZ09 was very clunky. It would often get stuck in neutral when downshifting quickly and was very clunky when shifting from neutral to first gear. I have put 1500 miles on my GSX-S1000 with nothing but a buttery smooth transmission. Lastly, I felt that my FZ09 was very buzzy. There was a lot of vibration at the bars and pegs when cruising at freeway speeds. My GSX-S1000 is super smooth and anything but buzzy at the same speeds.

Trading the FZ09 for the GSX-S1000 was definitely an upgrade and it's a decision I'm happy that I made!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a test ride on an MT09 (uk name) and dismissed it as it wasn't in the same league as my Triumph STR, had no confidence in the front end, yes lovely power, but no good if you have no confidence to push, so if you want a triple stick with the Triumph, saying that I do love my GSXS, I'm lucky that I have both.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts