GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, not an owner as yet but seriously considering trading my 08 Tuono Factory for a Black/Red gsxs1000.
Up until the tuono always rode gsxr 1000's K3,6 & 8 and have missed the il4 motor.
Watching some of the reviews online have me itching to buy & Robinsons Suzuki in Rochdale have offered me a great deal....hmmmmm what to do ??
Cheers Greg

·
Registered
593 Posts
Welcome!

What to do? Go ride one and I'll bet it'll make your mind up for you :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
What about yi?

It's a no brainer, if you are on here you have already made your mind up. You just don't know it yet : - )

Great roads you have over there on the North Antrim Coast. North west 600 under estimated in my book, as exciting to watch as the TT.

Just saying : - )

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great bike the GSX-S 1000, I'm a fan of the IL4 aswell.
Had a K7, K8 1000 before.
@Czechmate, you meen the NW200 ;) been there its great, been to the TT and the Ulster Grand Prix as well. I prefer the Ulster GP above the NW200. But all the Road races there are mega.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I love the v-twin Tuonos, that's a difficult choice. Either way, you have a great bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Get yersel down to GS and get a test ride on one. I love mine, although I will have to sort the snatchy throttle out but I dont see it as stumbling block. Once its sorted its the perfect bike for me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
you meen the NW200 ;) been there its great, been to the TT and the Ulster Grand Prix as well. I prefer the Ulster GP above the NW200. But all the Road races there are mega.

Yep that's the one, it was so good I thought I would bump it up a bit ;):D

Being numerically dyslexic that happens to me a lot, especially when the wife asks " how much was that?" :D:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies,to be honest the talk of a snatchy throttle is my main worry.All the GSXRs I have owned have had no fueling issues and the Tuono is excellent as well.
Any thoughts ...
Cheers Greg

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have never had a problem with they mythical snatchy throttle. Best to book a test drive, at the very worst it is another bike you have ridden.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just be prepared to fix it if it isn't to your liking. I had no throttle issues with the bike I took for a test ride and many on here don't have any problems either. Unfortunately, my bike did have issues which I wasn't prepared to live with, so I took it upon myself to find a fix.

Even with the few £££ I've had to spend on it, there isn't any other current bike that ticks so many boxes for me... it really is a great ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts