GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Have recently joined the group. Am getting the 1000F soon. :) Read a lot bout the various issues that guys have experienced, which is great. I am little concerned about the on/off throttle issue though. Don't hear a lot bout how guys are enjoying their bikes.:|

I enjoy a more sporty riding style with riding knee down, but also prefer the more upright position and the 1000F just seem to fit my needs exactly. I rode the 1000 naked (no 1000F demo's available presently) and enjoyed the agility compared to many other naked's. I also enjoy high speed riding and CT can be very windy at times, so the fairing version just seemed better for me, also more for sporty riding.

Can anyone indicated how they finding the wind resistance on the 1000F at speeds greater than 180km/h and 220km/h.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hows it, it is hard work to hang on at sustained high speed compared to a sports bike. You certainly need to get down behind the screen which offers some protection. I tried to rev mine out in top gear to see if I could gear it up, but I haven't managed it yet. Give it a try, go well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi and welcome

I got a 1000F two days ago, and throttle is quite manageable , just needs subtle control.
Whilst has yet to see high speed, when I test rode the naked and the F as demos and the wind difference comparing both at just 110KPH on local freeway was very noticeable .
With the F you stll get wind presure on helmet in normal upright position, but with the naked it was direct on the chest area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there
I'm from Joburg. Got the F in Sept, just done 2000km haven't gone faster than 180 yet, will put it through its paces when I go down to Cape Town in Dec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts